Memberships allow you to add discounts to multiple services, classes, and products at once. You additionally can offer discounts based on a set number of visits as well as set specific auto-renew options, which allow you to charge clients automatically based on the charge frequency you set.
When selling a membership on the checkout screen, you can change the price to offer it at a lower cost. You also can select a new payment date and enable or disable the auto-renew option.
*Remember, to sell and redeem memberships, you must first create it. Click this link for more information. Additionally, to redeem a visit from a membership, the customer must book the appointment or class within the expiration date of the membership.
Let's get started!
How to Sell Memberships
1. Click Checkout.
2. Select the customer you want to sell the membership to.
3. Click Membership at the bottom of the screen.
4. Click the drop-down to select the Membership. Click the drop-down that corresponds to charge frequency to select the Charge Frequency. For example, you can charge clients weekly, monthly, every four weeks, every two months, quarterly, as well as yearly.
Enter a new dollar amount to change the price of the item. Then click on the calendar icon to select the payment date.
5. Click on the checkbox next to Auto renewal to renew the membership automatically. Then set the Auto renew limit. For example, if you enter 2, the membership will only renew twice. You can also select Unlimited to keep auto-renewing the membership. Click Next when you're finished.
6. Click Use Card on File if the client's credit card has been added to the profile. Click Use a Different Card to use a different credit card. Remember this step is only relevant if you have credit card processing.
7. The membership has been added to the customer's profile. You also can see it when you select the customer on the Checkout screen.
8. Click Checkout after processing the payment.
How to Redeem a Membership
To learn how to redeem a membership, click this link: Redeeming a Membership.