Add products. Make mass edits to brands and keep track of all your inventory when using the Inventory Management feature in Vagaro. Businesses can take control of all the products they sell when enabling this powerful feature. You also can quickly make changes to items using the Edit All and Mass Edit functions.
Helpful Information: The Vagaro support team can assist with importing your products to your database. Just email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org. We prefer the file to be in a CSV or Excel format.
Adding New Inventory
Mass Editing Products
Video Tutorial: How to Manage Your Inventory
1. Click Settings. Next, click Inventory.
2. You can search for products on the Inventory Management screen. Simply enter the BarcodeID, Brand, Vendor, Product Type or Product Name in the search box and click Search.
You also can filter the search by clicking on Select Products. This will allow you to filter the search by Products for Sale, Products for Business Use, or Products for Online Sale. You can further narrow the search to include zero quantity products or low quantity products.
Click on Advanced Filters to filter the search by Brand, Product Type, or Vendor.
3. You will be able to view all your products in your inventory on the Inventory Management screen.
Click the Edit button to do the following: Add a Product, Subtract a Product, Edit All, Mass Edit, and Undo Delete. Notice you also have an option to create or view Purchase Orders. You can click this link for more: How to use the Purchase Order feature.
Let’s go ahead and add a product first.
Adding a New Product
4. Click Edit. Next, click Add a Product.
5. Enter the Barcode number or ID. You also can scan the Barcode. Click Next to advance to the next page.
6. Notice that the barcode number has already been entered. Next, enter the Product Name. Click on the drop-down menus to select the Brand and Product Type. Entern a description of the product below. Click on the Create New Brand link to add a new brand to your inventory.
Adding a New Brand
7. Enter the Brand Name. Click on the checkboxes to select the Product Types. Please keep in mind that you can’t go back and change the Product Types for that brand once you click Submit. Click Submit when you are finished.
Continuing with Adding the New Product
8. We've added a new brand. Let's finish adding the product.
The Purchase Date will be the same date that you are adding the product. Click on the drop-down menus to select a Vendor as well as the Taxation. Enter the Quantity, Business Cost, Selling Price, and The Low Quantity Warning. The warning tells the system to alert you when you are running low on a specific product.
You also can enter the Max Quantity (for purchase orders), Points Given, Points Redeemed, the Storage Location and the Display Location. Click the Create New Vendor link to add a new vendor to your inventory.
Adding a New Vendor
9. Enter the Vendor information. Click Save when you are finished.
Continuing with Adding the New Product
10. Toggle the For Business Use Only switch if you do not want the product to be sold or displayed when checking out a customer. You also can toggle to show the product online. The system will then prompt you to enter the Dimensions (in inches) for the product.
Next, toggle the Free Ground Shipping switch to enable free shipping of the product. The Shipping and handling surcharges will automatically display a $0 cost. Click +Add Image to attach an image to the product in the Vagaro system. Customers will see this image when purchasing the product online.
Click Submit when you are finished.
Subtracting an Amount from a Product
11. You can subtract a specific amount from a product in your inventory when clicking the Edit button. You can enter the barcode for the product. The product name will appear below when you do this. You also can adjust the date you are subtracting the amount by clicking on the calendar icon.
Next, enter the Subtract Amount. Click on the Reason and enter a description. Click Save when you are finished making the changes.
The Edit All Function
The Edit All function allows you to make mass edits to products. You specifically can make edits to the Vendor, Last Cost, Sell Price, Quantity, Low Quantity Alert, and Tax.
12. Click on the drop-down menus to change the Vendors and Tax. Click on the boxes to adjust the Last Cost, Sell Price, Quantity, and Low Quantity Alert for the products. Click Save when you are done making the updates.
13. The Mass Edit function allows you to edit entire Brands and Products. You specifically can make edits to the Total Quantity, Low Quantity Warning, Selling Price, Taxation, and Vendor.
14. Click on the drop-down menus to select the Brands and Product Types. You also can Increase or Decrease the Quantity by selecting either of these options and entering a number. Click Apply when you are done.
Low Quantity Warning
15. Click on the drop-down menus to select the Brands and Products. You can increase or decrease the quantity to a certain amount. You also can set the quantity to a certain amount.
16. Click on the drop-down menus to select the Brands and Products. You can increase or decrease the price by a specific amount. You also can increase or decrease the price by a percentage. Click Apply when you are finished.
17. Click on the drop-down menus to select the Brands, Products, and Tax. Click Apply when you are finished.
18. Click on the drop-down menus to select the Brands, Product Types, and Vendor. Click Apply when you are finished.
19. The Undo Delete option allows you to restore any products that were deleted at a date you specify. Click on the calendar icon to adjust the date. Click Proceed when you are finished.
20. Click on the checkbox next to the product you want to delete.
21. Click Edit. Next, click Delete.
22. Click Yes to delete.