Quickly add products to your inventory. Edit multiple items at the same time using the Edit All and Mass Edit features and easily keep track of all the items on the product list with the Inventory Management feature!
In this article we will go over how to:
- Manage your inventory
- Add a New Product
- Offer Free Shipping for Products
- Subtract a Quantity Amount from a Product
- Use the "Edit All" feature to edit multiple products at once
- Use the "Mass Edit" feature to edit multiple products at once
If you need help adding products, email the inventory list in an Excel or CSV format to firstname.lastname@example.org. For remote assistance, send a request to the same email. Put "Inventory Import" in the subject line so that the request gets to the team faster.
Managing Your Inventory
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen. Then click Inventory on the left sidebar under Things We Sell.
2. At the top of the screen, there are a variety of filters you can use to search for products on the inventory list. Enter the BarcodeID, Brand, Vendor, Product Type or Product Name in the search box. Then click the red Search button on the right side of the screen.
Click the Select Products drop-down to filter the search by Products for Sale, Products for Business Use, or Products for Online Sale. You can also search for zero quantity products or low quantity products.
Click Advanced Filters to filter the list by Brand, Product Type, or Vendor.
3. To manage and edit products on the inventory, find the product on the main Inventory Management screen. Click the three dots on the right side. Then select the option you prefer. You can specifically:
- Edit the product.
- Add a quantity amount to the item.
- Subtract a quantity amount.
- Delete the product.
- View its History. The history allows you to keep track of any changes or updates to the product. You can specifically see the person who edited the product, the date and time it was modified, as well as what was changed.
4. Below the filters, click the Edit button to: Add a Product, Subtract a Product (subtract a quantity amount from a product), Edit All, Mass Edit (edit multiple products at the same time), and Undo Delete (restore deleted products).
You can also create new Purchase Orders, working with vendors to ship products that are low in quantity. Click here for more information.
Let's first add a product!
Adding a New Product
1. Click the Edit button from the main Inventory Management screen. Then click Add a Product.
2. Enter the Barcode number or ID. You also can scan the Barcode if you have a scanner. Click Next to continue.
3. The barcode number appears automatically. Enter the Product Name. Then select the Brand and Product Type. Click Create New Brand link to add a new brand to the inventory list if you don't see it in the drop-down. Enter a Description of the product below.
Adding a New Brand
If you selected Create New Brand, enter the Brand Name. Then select the Product Types below. Remember, you can't change the Product Types once you click Submit. Click Submit when you are finished.
Continuing with Adding the New Product
We've added a new brand. Let's finish adding the product.
Select the Purchase Date or the date you purchased the product. Select the Vendor you want to use to ship the product when you're running low in stock as well as the Taxation you want to apply to the sale of the item.
Enter the Quantity, Business Cost (the cost of the product), Selling Price (how much you want to sell the item for), and the Low Quantity Warning. The low quantity warning sends you a notification when the product runs low.
You can also enter the Max Quantity (the system auto-fills to reach the number you set when creating purchase orders), Points Given, Points Redeemed, the Storage Location and the Display Location. You can also select a Vendor. Click the Create New Vendor link to assign a new one to the product.
Adding a New Vendor
If you selected Create New Vendor, enter the vendor's name and contact information. Click Save when you are finished.
Continuing with Adding the New Product
Select For Business Use Only if you do not want the product to be sold or displayed when checking out a customer. Select Show Product Online to show the product on the Vagaro online booking page. Then enter the Dimensions (in inches) for the product.
Select Free Ground Shipping to allow the free shipping of the product when it's purchased from the online store. If you do not want to offer free ground shipping, enter the Shipping and handling costs. Click +Add Image to add a photo to the item. Customers will see this image when purchasing the product online. You can add up to four photos.
Click Submit when you are finished. This adds the product to the inventory list.
Subtracting a Quantity Amount from a Product
To subtract a quantity amount from a product, click the Edit button on the main Inventory Management screen. Then select Subtract a Product to get to the screen that's displayed below.
Scan or enter the product barcode. The product information appears once you do this. Click the calendar icon to select the date you are subtracting the amount.
Enter the Subtract Amount. In the example below, we entered 2. This means we are deducting two from the overall quantity amount.
Select the Reason and enter a comment below. Click Save when you are finished. This adds it to the Product History
The Edit All Tool
The Edit All feature allows you to edit multiple products at the same time. You can specifically edit the Vendor, the Last Cost, Sell Price, Quantity, Low Quantity Alert, and Sales Tax for multiple items at once.
To get started, click the Edit button on the main Inventory Management screen. Then select Edit All.
You can edit the Vendor, Last Cost, Sell Price, Quantity, Low Quantity Alert, and Tax for multiple products at once. Click Save when you're good to go.
The Mass Edit Tool
The Mass Edit feature allows you to edit Products by specific categories, including the Total Quantity, Low Quantity Warning, Selling Price, Taxation, and Vendor.
For example, if you selected Low Quantity Warning, you can edit the low quantity warning for multiple products at the same time.
Let's take a closer look at the Mass Edit feature! We'll first look at mass editing the Total Quantity.
Select the Brands and Product Types you want to edit. Then select to Increase or Decrease the Quantity by a specific number. For example, if you select Increase Quantity by and then enter 2, the total quantity will increase by this amount. Click Apply when you are done.
Low Quantity Warning
Select the Brands and Products you want to edit. Then select to Increase or Decrease the Quantity by a specific number. For example, if you select Decrease Quantity by and then enter 2, the quantity will decrease by this amount. But if you select Set Quantity to and enter 3, the low quantity amount for all the selected products will be three. Click Apply when you are finished.
Select the Brands and Products you want to edit. You can increase or decrease the price by a specific dollar amount or by a percentage. Click Apply when you are finished.
Select the Brands and Products you want to edit. Then select the Tax you want to assign to the selected products. Click Apply when you are finished.
Select the Brands and Product Types you want to edit. Then select the Vendor you want to assign to those products. In the example below, we assigned the Left Coast Distributing vendor to the products we selected. Click Apply when you are finished.
To delete products from the inventory list, click the checkbox next to the item you want to delete on the left side of the screen on the main Inventory Management page. To delete all the products at the same time, click the checkbox next to Barcode ID under the Edit button.
Click the Edit button. Then select Delete.
Click Yes to delete.
Restoring Deleted Products
To restore deleted products, click the Edit button on the main Inventory Management screen. Then select Undo Delete.
Next, select the date you want to restore the product. Then click Proceed. In the example below, we selected Nov. 29, 2017. This means we are restoring all the products that have been deleted since this date.