How to Merge Two Customer Profiles
If you see this message, "Email Address Already Exists," when trying to change a customer's email, this means that the client has a profile that is tied to another Vagaro business.
You'll first need to create a new profile for the client. To do this, just follow the steps below.
- Click Customers at the top of the screen. Then click New to add a new customer record.
- Enter the client's email address. Then click out of the box once you're done entering the email.
- Click OK when you see the pop-up.
- Click Update Changes.
You'll next need to merge the old account with the new account you just created. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Hover over Customers at the top of the screen. Click Merge Customers. Then click Continue.
- Click on the drop-down menu on the left side of the screen to select the profile you want to delete.
- Click on the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen to select the profile you want to keep.
- Click Save.
Let's get started.
Adding a New Customer Record
2. Click New.
3. Enter the customer's Email Address. Next, click outside of the textbox.
4. Click OK when this pop-up appears.
5. Click Update Changes.
6. Hover over Customers. Then, click Merge Customers.
7. Click Continue.
Please be aware that the From Profile on the left side of the screen will be merged with the To Profile on the right side of the screen. Businesses will be able to see a preview of what this looks like under the headline: Merge Information.
8. Click on the drop-down menu on the left side of the screen to select the customer. The profile on the left side is the one that will be deleted.
9. Click on the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen to select the customer. This will be the customer profile that you keep.
10. Notice you also have an option to delete the From Profile at the bottom of the screen. Just click on the checkbox next to Delete the "From" customer after merge. But do keep in mind that this option will always remain checked by default.
11. Click Save when you are finished.
12. Go to the Customer Management page and enter the client's name to view the profile changes. You will see that all the client's appointments, information, and notes have been saved.
What if the Account Merge Doesn't Work?
If the customer merge does not work, this means the customer has previously logged into both accounts. You will be able to know this if the "Temp Login" information does not appear on the customer's profile.
If that is the case, you must contact the support team to make the merge. Email the following to email@example.com:
1. Your business name.
2. The name of the customer.
3. The preferred email address of the customer.