If you see this message, "Email Address Already Exists," when adding or changing a customer's email, this means that the client has a profile that is tied to another Vagaro business.
To fix this, you must first create a new profile for the client. Then merge the old profile with the new one you just created. Once you do this, you're all set!
For additional help, send a request to email@example.com.
Let's get started!
Adding a New Customer Record
1. First, we need to create a new profile. Then, we will merge this one with the older profile. Click Customers at the top of the screen.
2. Click Create New.
3. Enter the customer's Email Address. Then click outside of the box after entering the email.
4. You'll see a popup stating that the email address belongs to another Vagaro user. Click Use Profile when you're finished.
5. Click Update.
6. Let's now merge the new account with the old one. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
7. Select Merge Duplicate Customers on the left sidebar.
8. Find the customers you want to merge. Then select Merge.
9. The customer in the From field is the profile that will be removed. The client in the To field is the profile that will be kept.
10. Click Switch if you want to reverse the order of the From and To customer profiles.
11. Click Merge when you're ready and you're all set!
12. Let's now confirm that the customers have been merged. Click Customers at the top of the screen.
13. To confirm that there's only one client profile, enter the name in the search box. You're all set!
Still Having Trouble?
If you're still not able to merge the customer, send a merge request to our support team. Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your business name.
- The customer name.
- The preferred email address of the customer.