If you see this message, "Email Address Already Exists," when adding or changing a customer's email, this means that the client has a profile that is tied to another Vagaro business.
To fix this, you must first create a new profile for the client. Then merge the old account with the new account you just created. Once you do this, you're all set!
For additional help, send a request to email@example.com.
Let's get started!
Adding a New Customer Record
1. Click Customers.
2. Click Create New.
3. Enter the customer's Email Address. Then click outside of the box after entering the email.
4. You'll see a popup stating that the email address belongs to another Vagaro user. Click Use Profile when you're finished.
5. Click Update.
6. Let's now merge the new account with the old account. Hover over Customers. Then, click Merge Customers.
7. Click Continue.
*Remember the FromProfile on the left side of the screen will be merged with the To Profile on the right side of the screen. You can see a preview of what this looks like under the headline: Merge Information.
Click on the drop-down menu on the left side of the screen to select the customer. The profile on the left side is the one that will be deleted.
Click on the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen to select the customer profile you want to keep.
You also have an option to delete the From Profile at the bottom of the screen. Just click on the checkbox next to Delete the "From" customer after merge. This option will always remain checked by default.
Click Save when you are finished.
8. Go to the Customer Management page and enter the client's name to view the profile changes. You will see that all the client's appointments, information, and notes have been saved.
What if the Account Merge Doesn't Work?
If you're still having difficulties, our support team can merge the clients for you. Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your business name.
- The name of the customer.
- The preferred email address of the customer.