Seamlessly combine duplicate profiles using our handy merge tool or use the Customer List to find and select clients you want to merge in Vagaro!
To learn more about this feature, follow the steps below when using a computer.
Let's get started!
1. Select Reports at the top of the screen.
2. On the left side of the screen under the Customers section, click Merge Duplicate Customers.
3. At the top, toggle on Merge 100% Matched Customers.
4. Now duplicated profiles with a 100% match will automatically be detected and merged going forward. A yellow chip labeled “Merge in Progress” signifies which profiles are currently merging.
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Select Merge Duplicate Customers.
Hover over Customers. Then select Merge Duplicate Customers.
2A. To manually merge customers from the Customers List page, hover over Customers. Then select Customers List.
2B. Select the clients you want to merge. Then click Merge. This takes you to the Merge Customers List.
3. From the Merge List, you can see all the potential clients who are eligible to be merged as well as the Match Score.
Here's what each match percent means:
- A 100 percent match score means that both customers share the same phone number, first name, and last name.
- An 80 percent match means that both customers have the same first name and last name, but do not share the same phone number.
- A 75 percent match means that both clients have the same phone number and first name, but do not have the same last name.
- A 40 percent match means that the customers have the same phone number and last name, but do not have the same first name.
The list is first sorted by the Percent Match. It's then sorted alphabetically. Matching items are displayed in bold. Let's now merge a customer!
1. Some customers have a specific status. If you see a blue locked icon, this means that the customer has logged into the Vagaro account and updated the username and password. This customer cannot be merged. In this case, send a request to email@example.com to complete this process.
A customer who is an employee or owner of a Vagaro business will not display in the merge list.
2. Find the customers you want to merge. Then click the red Merge button on the right side of the screen.
3. There are two fields: From and To. The customer in the From field is merged into the customer in the To field. To reverse the order of the merge, click the blue Switch button in the middle of the screen.
If a customer has logged in, they can only show in the To column. If both customers have logged in, the profiles cannot be merged.
4. Under Result, the report displays all the information that is being merged into the other profile.
5. Click Merge at the bottom of the screen when you're ready.
- If a customer has logged in, they can only show in the To If both customers have logged in, the profiles cannot be merged.
- If the customer in the To field has a credit card on file, the credit card information cannot be merged into the profile of the customer in the From If both customers have a credit card on file, but only one of the customers has an email, the customer with the email is shown in the To field. These customers can be switched.
- If both customers have a credit card and email on file, the customer with the most appointments and classes will be displayed in the To These customers can be switched.
What if the Merge Customers Tool Isn't Working?
Try to go through the following troubleshooting steps if the merge tool is not working:
On a Computer or the Desktop Version
- Refresh the page.
- Try to log out of the account. Then log back in.
- Clear the web browser cache and cookies. Then try to log back into the account.
- Try to use a different web browser. Then log back in.
On the Vagaro Pro App
- Log out of the account and then log back in.
- Make sure to use the most updated version of the app.
*If you're having difficulties, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our engineers can merge the customers for you. Email the following:
- The business name.
- The client's name.
- The email you want to keep.
Put "Merge Customers" in the email subject line so the request gets to the team faster!