To refund a product sale from the customer's profile as well as from the Transaction List Report, follow the steps below when using the Desktop Version of Vagaro.
In this article, we will go over:
*Remember, once a product or service has been refunded that record becomes permanent.
How to Create a Refund in Customer Management
1. Click on Customers.
2. Select the customer.
3. Select the Products tab.
4. Find the product. Click on the three dots on the right side of the screen. Then click Refund.
5. Find the item. Then click on the correct refund box. In the example below, we're issuing a cash refund for the Pink Melon Sorbet product.
6. Enter the correct refund amount in the box under Refund Amount. Then, tap Next.
7. Enter how you want to distribute the refund amount. Then, click Submit.
8. Enter the reason for the refund. Then click the checkboxes on the left side of the screen to email and/or print a copy of the receipt.
9. Click OK to confirm the refund.
How to Create a Refund in the Transaction List
1. Click on Reports at the top of the screen. Then click Transaction List on the left side of the page under Sales.
2. Set the date range for the report by clicking on the box under Transactions From-To and selecting the dates.
To limit the report to the employee who provided the service, click the drop-down under Service Providers. Click on All Selected to include all service providers in the report.
Select the customer by clicking on the drop-down under Customer. Click Select All to include all customers in the report.
Once you're finished adding the filters, click Run Report.
3. Locate the product. Click the Action drop-down that corresponds to it on the left side of the screen. Then click Refund.
4. Locate the item you want to refund. Then select the appropriate refund box. For example, if you want to issue a cash refund, click on the box that corresponds to the item you are refunding in the CASH REFUND column.
5. Enter the correct amount in the box under Refund Amount. Then tap Next.
6. Enter how you want to distribute the refund amount. Then click Submit.
7. Enter the reason for the refund. Then click the checkboxes on the left side of the screen to email and/or print a copy of the receipt.
8. Click OK to confirm the refund.