To sell and redeem a gift certificate, follow the steps below on the Web Version.
To reuse old gift cards, send an Excel spreadsheet with the numbers you'd like to use to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must have a minimum of 50 gift card numbers on your spreadsheet for us to reset. Once we receive the spreadsheet, we will send a request to our development team to input the numbers manually so that you can use the old gift cards again.
In this article, we will go over:
Selling Gift Certificates
1. Click Checkout.
2. Click on the All Customers tab. Then, select the customer. You also can enter the name of the customer in the box above.
3. If using a card, swipe or scan the card by using a USB credit card reader or a USB barcode scanner. Once you scan or swipe the card on the Checkout screen, you'll see the pop-up below. The gift card number will automatically appear on the screen.
You can also click Auto Generate to produce a number.
4. Click the drop-down under Service/Class to select an item or enter a dollar amount in the box under Amount.
5. Click the calendar icon to set an expiration date. Select the Recipient or click New if the customer doesn't have a profile. Click Save when you're finished.
6. Enter the payment. Then click Checkout. Your customer will receive the card once the checkout has been completed.
Redeeming Gift Certificates
1. To redeem a gift certificate, click Checkout at the top of the screen.
2. Select the recipient.
3. Once you add a service or item to the Checkout screen:
a. If using a card, swipe the gift card using a USB credit card reader or scan it with a barcode scanner.
b. Click Add by Gift Certificate in the payment type area.
The full dollar amount of the outstanding balance will appear in the Current Balance column. You can manually enter the amount you want to use in the box under How much to use? If there is more than one gift certificate available, click the checkbox next to one to select it.
4. Click Redeem GC when you're ready.
5. Enter the remaining payment. Then click Checkout.