How to Sell and Redeem Plastic Gift Cards
Plastic gift cards are integrated to the Vagaro Point of Sales checkout screen and you can scan them with a bar-code reader or a credit card reader. Select the customer's name that is purchasing the gift card and then you can swipe the card which will bring up the gift certificate screen. You will fill that out like normal and charge them for the gift card.
To redeem the card, bring up the services and/or products at the checkout screen, then swipe the gift card to apply it from the total amount due. When clients come in to redeem the gift card, you can click on "Gift Certificate" on the payment section and it will display any Gift Cards they have on file or you can enter in the number if they are using another person's gift card. The gift cards can also be used on the Vagaro Pro app.
You can buy gift cards from us by clicking on the shopping cart in your menu bar.
To Sell Gift Cards on Vagaro:
1. From your calendar, click on "Checkout"
2. Select the customer using the drop down list. If they don't have an appointment for the current day, click “walk-in” to see a list of all of your customers.
3. Once the customer has been selected, swipe or scan the gift card by using a USB credit card reader or a USB barcode scanner. The Gift Card Number will automatically populate on the screen.
4. Set the dollar value that this card is worth and expiration date if allowed in your state or province.You can check out more about State Regulations on expiration periods by clicking on the link below:
5. Select the individual that is receiving the gift card. If they are not listed, you can quickly add them using the “New” button.
6. Click “Save” and it will be added to the checkout.
7. Complete the checkout and your customer has now been setup with a gift card from your business.
Redeeming Gift Cards:
1. To redeem the gift card, go to the "Checkout" screen and pull up an appointment or product with the customer who received it.
2. When it comes time to select payment, swipe the gift card using a USB credit card reader or scan the gift card using a USB barcode scanner.
4. The full amount of the outstanding balance will be applied towards the gift card, but you can manually type in a different amount if you want under the "How much to use?" column. Click “OK” to apply the gift card amount toward the service. The amount paid and change due will update according to how much was used from gift cards.
5. If there is a remaining amount due for the transaction, it can be paid using cash, check, or credit card. To complete the transaction, click on the "Checkout" button on the right hand corner.
Lastly, gift cards are not reloadable. You will have to sell a new gift card.