A gift certificate is a voucher that a client gives to another customer as a present. You can add a dollar amount or service to it and choose from a variety of pre-made templates and designs when creating and selling them to clients.
To keep track of and run detailed reports on all client gift cards and certificates in Vagaro, follow these steps:
- Click Reports at the top of the screen.
- Select Gift Certificates on the left side of the screen.
- After applying the search filters you want to use, click Run Report.
Let's get started!
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen once you log in.
2. Select Gift Certificates on the left side under Customers.
3. Click on the drop-down under Search Fields to filter the report by a specific search item. Then enter the Search Value. For example, if you select Gift Certificate No as the Search Field, you would enter the actual gift certificate number as the Search Value. You'll then be able to narrow the report to this gift certificate. Select Any if you want to include all Search Fields when running the report.
4. Click on the drop-down under Status to filter the report by a specific status.
5. Select Advanced Filters to add more filters.
6. Click on the drop-down under Purchase At to filter the report by the location the gift certificate was purchased. These locations include:
- My Vagaro Page (your Vagaro Booking page).
- My Vagaro Website (your Vagaro custom website).
- My Widget (the Vagaro widget that you added to your own website).
- In-House (your Vagaro account)
- Gift Certificates Management page.
7. Click Run Report when you're finished selecting the filters you want to use.
8. You can see all of the gift certificates based on the search filters you added.
9. Select New Gift Certificate to create a new gift card. If you click the Action drop-down, you can do the following:
- Edit the gift certificate. This allows you to change the expiration date or assign it to a new service or class.
- Increase the balance of the gift certificate.
- Decrease the balance of the item.
- View the History. This allows you to see if there were any changes to the balance.
- Void the gift certificate.
- View the item. This allows you to print a copy of the gift certificate as well as email a copy.