A gift certificate is a voucher that a client gives to another customer as a present. You can add a dollar amount or service to it and choose from a variety of pre-made templates and designs when creating and selling them to clients.
To keep track of and run detailed reports on all your client gift cards and certificates in Vagaro, follow these steps:
- Click Reports at the top of the screen.
- Select Gift Certificates on the left side of the screen.
- After adding the appropriate search filters, click Run Report.
Let's get started!
1. Click Reports.
2. Select Gift Certificates.
3. Click on the drop-down under Search Fields to filter the report by a specific search item. Then enter the Search Value. For example, if you select Gift Certificate No as the Search Field, you would enter an actual gift certificate number as the Search Value. You'll then be able to narrow the report to this gift certificate. Select Any if you want to include all Search Fields when running the report.
4. Click on the drop-down under Status to filter the report by a specific status.
5. Select Advanced Filters to add an additional search filter.
6. Click on the drop-down under Purchase At to filter the report by the location the gift certificate was purchased. These locations include: My Vagaro Page (your Vagaro Booking page), My Vagaro Website (your Vagaro custom website), My Widget (the Vagaro widget that you added to your independent website), In-House (your Vagaro account), and the Gift Certificates Management page.
7. Click Run Report.
8. Once you run the report, you'll be able to see all of the gift certificates based on the search filters you added. You'll also be able to:
- Add a new gift certificate.
- Edit a gift card.
- See the ID number that's assigned to a gift certificate.
- See where the item was purchased.
- View the sender and recipient of a gift card.
- See the initial and remaining balance.
- View the number of remaining visits.
- See the expiration date.
- See the status.
- See the reason a gift card was voided if it was canceled.
- View the date a gift certificate was modified as well as the person who did the change.
9. Select New Gift Certificate to create a new gift card. Click on the drop-down under Action to edit or view more details about a specific gift certificate.