This article covers two scenarios for using Gift Cards or Certificates:
- You want to transfer the value of gift certificates or cards that were created in another system to use in your Vagaro system
- You want to donate services, classes, or a dollar value to an organization from your Vagaro business
You can use Gift Certificates to accomplish both of these. To do both, you will create gift certificates without sales transactions.
Transfer Gift Certificates from another system
- Go to Reports > Gift Certificates.
- Click New Gift Certificate.
- If you have a plastic Gift Card to use, you can scan the bar code or swipe it to use the card number. Otherwise, you can enter a number or use the Auto Generate option to create one for you.
Using the other system's gift certificate for reference, transfer information into this screen.
- Service/Class: tie this gift certificate to a specific service or class. (Optional)
- Amount: If you don't tie the certificate to a service/class, enter the value. For a transfer, this would be the value remaining on the certificate at the time of transfer.
- Expire on: Select an expiration date using the calendar pop-up, or leave set at Never.
- Sender's Name: Start typing the name of a current customer, and it will fill in. The sender must already have a profile in Vagaro.
Note: A customer must have a profile when a gift certificate is created and issued. The profile must include at least a first and last name.Note: If you may not always have a name to put into the Sender field, create a Customer Profile with your Business name or "Gift Certificate."
- Recipient's Name: Start typing the name of a current customer, and it will fill in. Click New to create a new profile if the person does not have a customer profile.
Note: A customer must have a profile when a gift certificate is created and issued. The profile must include at least a first and last name.Note: If you do not know the recipient's contact information, create a customer profile of "Gift Certificate" to use. A customer only needs to provide the gift certificate number at checkout to redeem it.
- Message: Enter a message to be printed on the certificate.
- Select Print Gift Certificate or Send email to: [recipient's name] to print or email a copy.
- Select a template from the Template Type If you have created custom gift certificate templates, they will be listed under Business Created.
- Select the design from the available template images.
- Click Next for a preview of the gift certificate.
- Click Close to cancel the addition, Back to edit the gift certificate, or Add Gift Certificate to finish.
Create a Donation Gift Certificate
You can follow the same steps used for the Transfer option to create a donation Gift Certificate.
- Use your business name customer as the sender.
- Either create a customer profile for the recipient (another business name customer) or use the same "Gift Certificate" customer described in step #3, above.