Create gift certificates as donations or even create certificates to track ones that have been sold from another program or system. Read the forum below for more information.
How to Create a Gift Certificate
1. Click Reports. Next, click Gift Certificates.
2. Click New Gift Certificate.
3. Enter the Gift Certificate number or scan it if you have a barcode reader. Clicking Auto Generate will automatically generate a number.
4. Click on the drop-down menu to select a Service or enter a dollar amount for the Gift Certificate. Click on the calendar icon to set an expiration date.
Note: Selecting a Service is Optional. If you select a Service, the Gift Certificate will be tied to that Service. Thus, you will not be able to transfer it to a dollar amount. Certificates that are tied to dollar amounts can be used for any other services.
5. Enter the names of the sender and recipient. Their names will appear once you begin typing them. Click on them once they appear. Click New to create a new profile if the person does not have a customer profile.
Please note: A customer needs to have a profile when a gift certificate is created and issued. The profile can be brief but must at least include the customer's first and last names.
In cases where the customer purchasing the certificate does not want to enter his or her name, the field can be replaced with a name such as "Promotional Gift Certificate."
6. Enter a message. Next, click on the checkboxes below to print a physical copy or email a copy of the certificate to the recipient. The sender will always receive a copy when the certificate is checked out.
7. Click on the drop-down menu to select a template. Next, click on the image you want. Click Next when you are finished making the selections.
8. Click Save when you are done viewing the Gift Certificate.