Donate a Gift Certificate or Add an Existing Gift Certificate from Your Previous System
This will show you how to create gift certificates for free, where you have not received any money from them via the checkout screen in Vagaro. This can be used for two purposes, the first is a donation that your business is making to an individual or organization and the second is when you have already sold gift certificates outside of Vagaro and would like to track them within Vagaro.
1. Go to Reports - Gift Certificates - click Management
2. To create a gift certificate to donate or add an existing gift certificate you have outstanding prior to Vagaro, click + New Gift Certificate
3. You can either type your own Gift Certificate number or Vagaro can Auto Generate one for you.
4. Select a Service or enter an Amount for the Gift Certificate.
Note: Selecting a Service is Optional. If you select a Service the Gift Certificate will be locked to that Service and cannot be transferred to a dollar Amount.
5. Select the Recipient for the Gift Certificate
Note: When issuing a gift certificate there always must be a customer profile attached. The profile can be brief but will require at least the first and last name to be filled out. If the customer purchasing the certificate does not want to supply a recipients name, the fields that contain first & last can be filled in with anything they would like. For instance the name could be "Promotional Gift Certificate" or use the underscore "___________".
6. Write a message and select if you want to Print and/or Send Gift Certificate
7. Select the preferred template from the drop down menu labeled "Template Type".
Select whether you would like to Print the Gift Certificate and/or Send email by checking the box adjacent to it. If you do not wish to do either, leave them blank. Gift certficates will ALWAYS be emailed to the "Sender", the "Recipient" is optional. Click Next.
8. The next screen will automatically display preview Gift Certificate. Click Save