Packages allow you to sell future visits and sessions. You can also set different auto-renew options, charging the client weekly, every two weeks, every four weeks, monthly, every two months, quarterly, yearly or after a set number of visits are completed. You can also do the following:
- Customize a package to fit your business needs.
- Add one type of class or service to a package.
- Combine different classes or services into one package.
- Offer a set series of visits or unlimited visits.
- Set your autopay charge frequency, charging customers weekly, every four weeks, monthly, every two months, quarterly, yearly or by a set number of completed visits.
Once a package is created, you can sell it from the Checkout screen. You also can sell it on Vagaro.com, your booking page, your Instagram page, Facebook account, and your personal website or blog via the Vagaro booking widget.
If you choose to require auto-renewal, you can set the Auto-Renew Limit or the number of times you want to renew the package. This gives you more flexibility and control and provides clients with more payment options.
*Remember, to redeem a visit from a package, the customer must book the appointment or class within the expiration date of the package. Also, note that a package will not redeem if the service is already set to $0, but once you increase the price, the software will redeem the service as long as it's part of the package.
To sell and redeem a package in Vagaro, follow the steps below when using the Desktop Version.
Selling a Package
Remember, you must first create a package before selling it. Click this link to learn more: How to Create a New Package.
1. Click Checkout at the top of the screen.
2. Select the customer.
3. Click Package at the bottom of the screen.
4. Click on the Select Service drop-down. Then select the package you want to sell.
5. Click on the checkbox next to Auto Renew to renew the package automatically. The renewal is based on the charge frequency you selected when creating the package.
6. You can also change the charge frequency by clicking on the drop-down next to Renewal on and selecting the option you prefer. You can charge customers Weekly, Every 4 weeks, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly or by a set Number of Completed Visits.
7. Select Carry Balance Forward to carry any remaining balances over to the next cycle. Then enter the Auto-Renew Limit. This allows you to set the number of times you want to renew the membership. You can also select an Unlimited number.
8. Click Next when you're ready.
9. Click Use Card on File to charge the card in the customer's file. Click Use a Different Card to charge a different credit card.
10. If you don't select the package to Auto-Renew, click on the calendar icon below to select the expiration date. Then click Add Package.
11. Click Checkout after processing the payment.
Redeeming a Package
1. Now that you have sold the package to the customer, you can redeem it. Click Checkout from the top to get started.
2. Click the All Customers tab. Enter the name of the customer. Then select the client.
3. Select the Services option at the bottom of the screen to select the service that's been added to the package.
4. Select the Service as well as the Service Provider.
5. Click the clock icon on the right side to select a different Start Time. Click Add Service when you're finished.
6. The software applies the package by default. You can also click the Pkg option in the middle of the screen to use the Package.
7. Click Use Package to use it.
8. Click Checkout when you're ready.
9. When you view the transaction on the Transaction List in from the Reports page, you'll see that the Price is $0.
10. The Receipt will also show that the Total Amount Due is $0.
11. You can also refund a visit from the Transaction List. Click this link to learn more: How to Refund a Transaction in Vagaro.