Packages allow you to sell future visits and sessions. You can also set different auto-renew options, charging the client weekly, every four weeks, monthly, every two months, quarterly, yearly or after a set number of visits are completed. You can also specifically do the following:
- Customize a package to fit your business needs.
- Add one type of class or service to a package.
- Combine different classes or services into one package.
- Offer a set series of visits or unlimited visits.
- Set your autopay charge frequency, charging customers weekly, every four weeks, monthly, every two months, quarterly, yearly or by a set number of completed visits.
Once a package is created, you can sell it from the Checkout screen. You also can sell it on Vagaro.com, your booking page, your Instagram page, Facebook account, and your personal website or blog via the Vagaro booking widget.
If you choose to require auto-renewal, you can set the Auto-Renew Limit or the number of times you want to renew the package. This gives you more flexibility and control and provides clients with more payment options.
*Remember, to redeem a visit from a package, the customer must book the appointment or class within the expiration date of the package.
To sell and redeem a package in Vagaro from the Web Version, follow the steps below.
Related Article: How to Create a New Package.
Selling a Package
Remember, you first need to create a package before you can sell it. Click this link for more information: How to Create a New Package.
1. Click Checkout at the top of the screen.
2. Select the customer.
3. Click Package at the bottom of the screen.
4. Click on the Select Service drop-down. Then select the package you want to sell.
5. Click on the checkbox next to Auto Renew to renew the package automatically. The renewal is based on the charge frequency you selected when creating the package.
6. You can also change the charge frequency by clicking on the drop-down next to Renewal on and making the selection. You can charge customers Weekly, Every 4 weeks, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly or by a set Number of Completed Visits.
7. Select Carry Balance Forward to carry any remaining balances over to the next cycle. Then enter the Auto-Renew Limit. You can also select an Unlimited number.
8. Click Next.
9. Click Use Card on File to charge the card in the customer's file. Click Use a Different Card to charge a different credit card.
10. If you choose not to select the Auto-Renew option, click on the calendar icon below to select the expiration date. Then click Add Package.
11. Click Checkout after collecting the payment. Then you're set!
Redeeming a Package
1. Now that you have sold the package to the customer, you can redeem it. Click Checkout from the top to get started.
2. Click the All Customers tab. Enter the name of the customer. Then select the client.
3. Select the Services option at the bottom of the screen to select the service that's been added to the package.
4. Select the Service as well as the Service Provider.
5. Click the clock icon on the right side to select a different Start Time. Click Add Service when you're finished.
6. The software applies the package by default. You also can click the Pkg option in the middle of the screen to use the Package.
7. Click Use Package to use it.
8. Click Checkout after entering the payment.
9. When you view the transaction on the Transaction List in from the Reports page, you'll see that the Price is $0.
10. The Receipt will also show that the Total Amount Due is $0.
11. You can also refund a visit from the Transaction List. Click this link to learn more: How to Refund a Transaction in Vagaro.