A Resource is a room or a tool that's required to perform a service. It's available in a limited quantity and can be shared by more than one person at a business. Some examples include a massage room, a chair, a cardio room, and different types of exercise equipment.
In this article, we will go over:
- How to Add a Resource to the Service/Class Menu
- What Happens when an Online Customer Books a Service with a Resource
- How to Schedule an Appointment with a Resource on the Calendar
*Remember, the system defaults to the first available resource when customers book an online appointment.
How to Add a Resource to the Service/Class Menu
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen once you log in.
2. Select Service/Class Menu on the left side of the screen under Things We Sell.
3. Select the Resources tab.
4. Enter the Resource in the textbox. Then click Add Resource.
5. Now that we've added the Resource to the menu, we can assign it to a Service or Class that we add or edit.
From the Service-Class Menu, select the Services option from the top of the screen to add a resource to a service. Select the Classes option to assign a resource to a class. Let's assign a resource to a service.
6. Find the item on the list. Click the three dots. Then select Edit.
7. Click the drop-down under Resource. Then select the resource you want to add to the service or class.
8. Click Save when you're ready!
Assigning a Resource when Booking an Appointment on the Calendar
1. Now that we have added resources to the Service-Class Menu, we can assign them to a service or class when scheduling it on the calendar. Let's assign a resource to an appointment. Click Calendar at the top of the screen to get started.
2. Select a time slot on the employee calendar and the day of your choice. Then select New Appointment.
3. Select the service. When a service has a resource, the Select Resource drop-down menu appears under the Resource title.
Click the Select Resource drop-down to select the resource. Select the customer. Then click Book when you're happy with the booking.
*Remember, when booking reoccurring appointments, the system defaults to the first available resource when each appointment occurs.
What Happens when an Online Customer Books a Service with a Resource?
The system defaults to the first available resource when customers book an online appointment.