Thanks to the IOU Management feature you can create IOUs and get customers to pay for them when they come in for their next class or appointment.
IOUs are issued when a customer is unable to pay for a service on the day of the appointment or class. Once an IOU is created, it gets added to a client's profile and included in all IOU reports.
Video Tutorial: How to Manage IOUs in Vagaro
Creating an IOU from the Checkout Screen
1. Click Checkout.
2. Enter the name of the customer. Next, click on the name once it appears.
3. Enter the IOU amount.
4. Click Checkout.
5. Enter a comment. Then, click Yes.
6. You'll be able to see the IOU in the customer's profile. Just click on the IOU tab.
7. Click Edit to enter a new comment. Click Void to cancel the IOU. Click Pay to collect payment. This action will take you directly to the Checkout screen.
8. When editing a comment, enter the message. Then click Save.
9. When voiding an IOU, enter the reason. Then click Save.
Getting to the IOU Management Screen
1. Click Reports. Next, click IOU.
How to Run an IOU Report
1. The Noted By field refers to the individual who created the IOU. Click on the drop-down menu to select the service provider. You also can enter the name in the textbox and click on it once it appears. Click ALL to include all of the service providers in the report.
2. Click on the drop-down menu under Customer to select a customer to be included in the report. You also can enter the name in the textbox below. Select the name once it appears.
3. Click on the drop-down menu under Status to apply the filter. Next, select the specific status you want to include in the report. Click All IOUs to include all of the status types.
4. Click Run Report when you are finished making the selections.
6. Click on any of the customers' names. This action will take you directly to their profiles on the Customer Management page. From there, you will be able to void, edit, and get customers to pay for IOUs.
7. Click Export to export the file to an Excel sheet or PDF. Click Print to get a physical copy.
How to Add or Create an IOU
1. Click Add IOU on the main IOU page.
2. Click on the drop-down menu to select the customer. Then, enter the amount that is owed. Next, enter a comment.
3. Click Save once you are finished making the selections and entering the information.
How to Edit an IOU
1. Once an IOU has been added or created, you will be able to edit, void, or get a customer to pay for it. Just locate the IOU on the main IOU page and click on the Action drop-down menu on the left side of the screen. Then, select the option you want.
2. To edit an IOU, click on the Action drop-down menu. Next, click Edit.
3. Make edits or enter any additional comments. Click Save when you are finished.
How to Void an IOU
1. Click on the Action drop-down menu. Next, click Void.
2. Enter the reason for the void. Next, click Save.
How to Get a Customer to Pay for an IOU
1. Click on the Action drop-down menu. Next, click Pay.
2. Enter the payment and click Checkout.