IOUs are created and issued when a customer is unable to pay for a service on the day of the appointment or class. Once an IOU is created, it gets added to a client's profile and included in all IOU reports.
To collect an IOU payment, once it's been added, first select the client's name on the Checkout screen. The IOU will appear automatically and you can get the client to pay at that time.
Let's get started!
1. Click Checkout.
2. Enter the name of the customer. Next, select the name once it appears.
3. Enter the IOU amount.
4. Click Checkout.
5. Enter a comment. Then, click Yes.
6. You'll be able to see the IOU in the customer's profile. Click Customers at the top of the screen.
7. Select the customer.
8. Select the IOU tab.
9. Locate the IOU. Then click on the three dots on the right side of the screen. Click Edit to add a new comment. Click Void to cancel the IOU. Click Pay to collect payment. This action takes you directly to the Checkout screen.
10. When editing a comment, enter the message. Then click Save.
11. When voiding an IOU, enter the reason. Then click Save.