How to Enable Receipt Signatures on Touchscreen Devices
The feature was implemented to allow our customers that want to go paperless without printing receipts for clients to sign after charging credit card (and then email a receipt). The feature already existed on our iPhone, iPad and android apps but now we made it available for customers that want to use touch screen laptops or windows tablets using a browser.
When using Vagaro Salon Software to check out clients using credit cards on touchscreen devices (touchscreen computers, tablet computers, etc.), clients will be able to sign their name and select the tip amounts on the touchscreen just like they would fill out a receipt for a bill at a bar or restaurant.
This will save time and make it more efficient to checkout clients because it allows them (and you) to bypass waiting on a paper receipt to print out.
Click here to go to the Taxes and Checkout settings screen https://www.vagaro.com/ShopOwner/GeneralSettings.aspx? otherwise follow the instructions below.
Use the following steps to configure your Vagaro account to allow for receipt signatures.
1. Go to Settings
2. Using the scroll menu on the left under the category labeled Other--> Select Taxes & Checkout
3. In the Taxes & Checkout screen--> Check the box next to Enable Receipt Signature on Screen
4. Go to Checkout--> Select the client that needs to be checked out
5. Swipe the Client's Credit Card--> When the window pops up asking "Are you sure you want to pay with credit card--> Click Next
6. At this point, hand the device to your client--> Select Percentage or specific Dollar Amount when entering the Tip--> Write out your Signature on the screen --> To complete the transaction--> Tap Charge Card