Our expanded checkout system allows you to speed up the checkout process, providing a more efficient and faster service for clients.
Apply discounts to multiple services and items at once, determine your tipping, checkout, and receipt options and easily search for products with Vagaro's enhanced search feature.
To learn more about checking out clients in Vagaro, follow the steps below when using a computer or the Desktop Version.
In this article, we will go over:
- Add Services
- Add Products
- Add Gift Certificates
- Add Packages
- Add Memberships
- Editing and Deleting Items on the Checkout Screen
- Completing the Checkout
1. Click Checkout.
2. Click In Today to see customers who have appointments today. Then select the client. Click the All Customers tab to select a customer from the full list. To find the client fast, enter the name in the search box.
Once the client is selected, you can add and sell services, products, gift certificates, packages, and memberships. Let's take a closer look at all these options!
Adding Items to the Checkout Screen
1. You can add and sell services, products, gift cards, packages, and memberships on the Checkout screen. At the bottom of the screen, select the option you prefer. For example, click Service to add or sell one of your services.
1. Click Service at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the service you want to sell as well as the service provider who performed the service. Click on the clock icon to select the start time of the appointment.
3. Click Add Service when you're finished.
1. Click Product at the bottom of the screen.
2. Enter the Barcode ID in the box or place your cursor in the box and scan the ID. The product will then appear on the screen.
3. Notice you can search for a specific product. Just enter the Barcode ID, Product Name, Brand or Product Type in the search box. Then hit Enter on your keyboard.
4. Select the product by clicking on the checkbox. You also can add a product to the checkout screen by clicking on the Barcode ID.
5. There are two ways to search for a product:
- List View.
- Grid View.
In List View, leave the search box blank to view a list of all available products; then click on a checkbox to select an item. You can also enter a product name to view the details of that product only.
6. In Grid View leave the search box blank to view images of all products. Then, click on a checkbox or the image to select an item. You also can enter the product name in the search box to find the product quicker.
7. Click Add Product at the bottom of the screen when you're finished.
Add Gift Certificates
1. Click Gift at the bottom of the screen.
2. Enter the gift certificate number or click Auto Generate to assign a number to the item.
3. Click on the drop-down under Service/Class to assign a service to the gift card or enter an amount below to assign a dollar amount to the gift certificate instead. Click on the calendar icon to set an expiration date.
4. Enter the recipient's name. Click New if the recipient does not have a profile.
5. Enter a custom message in the box under Message.
6. Click on the checkboxes to print a copy of the gift certificate and/or send a copy via email.
7. This pop-up appears when you select to email a copy of the gift certificate. Click Send Email.
8. Click on the drop-down under Template type. Then, select the template to add an image to the item.
9. Select the image you want to add. Then click Next.
10. Click Add Gift Certificate.
1. Click Package at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click on the drop-down to select the service.
3. Enter the number of visits as well as the price. Notice you can add or remove a visit by clicking on the plus and minus signs, respectively.
4. Click on the checkbox to enable the Auto Renew function. A black checkmark means the feature has been turned on.
5. You can select to renew the package monthly or yearly. You also can renew the item after a set number of visits are completed.
6. Click on the calendar icon to set an expiration date. Click Add Package when you're finished.
1. Click Membership at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click on the drop-down to select the desired membership. Remember you have to first create the membership in your Settings. Click this link to learn more: How to Create and Manage Customer Memberships.
3. You can see the description, the charge frequency, the price as well as the reward points customers receive when they purchase the membership.
4. Click on the calendar icon to select the payment date.
5. Click on the checkbox next to Auto-Renewal to renew the membership automatically. This charges the customer's credit card on file based on the charge frequency you set. Click Next when you're finished.
6. Enter the credit card details. Click Add when you're finished.
Editing and Deleting Items on the Checkout Screen
1. Once you find the item on the checkout screen, click the three dots to edit or delete it. Click Edit to change it to a different service. Click Delete to remove the item.
2. If you chose edit in the previous step, click on the drop-down to select a different service. Click Save when you're finished.
3. If you selected delete instead of edit, you'll have two options. Select delete from transaction list only to remove the item from the checkout page. Select delete from transaction list and calendar to delete the item from the checkout and appointment schedule.
4. Once you choose an option you prefer, click OK.
Completing the Checkout
1. Find the payment type on the right side of the screen. Then enter the amount you want to charge in the field corresponding to the payment option you're looking for.
Click Add next to Gift Certificate if the customer received a gift card and wants to redeem it. Click Add next to Credit Card to add a credit card to a customer's profile.
2. Click Checkout once you have processed the payment.
3. Click Print Receipt to get a paper copy. Click Email Receipt to email it. Click Print GC Receipt to print a copy of the gift certificate you created earlier. Click No Receipt if you do not want to get a copy.
4. When emailing a copy of a receipt, the recipient's email address will display automatically. You also can enter a new email in the box.
5. Click Send to email a copy of the receipt to the client.
6. Click Rebook to schedule another appointment with the customer. Click Go to Calendar to return to the appointment schedule.