Speed up the checkout process by checking out customers directly from the Calendar Screen. That's not all. Add Services and Products and create and add Gift Certificates and Packages when checking out customers in Vagaro.
Click here to go directly to the calendar https://www.vagaro.com/ShopOwner/Calendar.aspx then follow the instructions below.
Checking out from the Calendar Screen
1. Click on an appointment on the Calendar screen. Next, click on Service Complete (Checkout) to get to the Checkout screen.
Adding an Additional Service
2. Click on +Service at the bottom of the Checkout screen to add the correct service on the Checkout screen.
3. Click on the drop-down menus to select the Service, Service Provider, and Appointment Type. Click on the Clock icon to adjust the start time if needed. Click Add when you are done making the updates.
Adding a Package
4. Click on +Package at the bottom of the screen to add a package to the Checkout screen.
5. Use the drop-down menu to select the Service or Class.
Click on the arrows to increase or decrease the number of visits. You also can type in the number in the box.
Type in the amount you want to apply to the number of visits you have set. For example, if a service costs $100 and you'd like to provide a $50 discount for purchasing a package with a total of four visits, you can set the cost at $350.
Next, you can give the customer the option to renew the package Yearly or Monthly. You also can renew the package based on the completed number of set visits.
Click on the Calendar icon to select the Expiration Date.
Adding a Gift Certificate
6. Click on +Gift at the bottom of the screen to add a Gift Certificate to the Checkout screen.
7. Click on the Auto Generate option to generate a number for the Gift Certificate. You also enter your own unique Gift Certificate code or number. Just make sure it is at least 16 characters. You also can swipe a physical gift card using a barcode scanner.
8. Select the Class/Service. Please note that there is a distinct difference between tying a service to a Gift Certificate and tying a dollar amount to a Gift Certificate. Tying a dollar amount to a Gift Certificate means you will be able to apply a payment to any other service on the checkout screen. If a gift certificate is tied to a specific service, you can only apply a payment to that particular service on the checkout screen. You also can't purchase products with a Gift Certificate that is tied to a service. Another thing to note is the original pricing for a service may not match the price that is tied to the Gift Certificate for that particular service.
9. Instead of tying the Gift Certificate to a class/service, you can enter the cost of the specific number of visits for the service. Next, select the expiration date if this is allowed in your State or Province. You can read more about State Regulations on expiration periods by clicking on the link below: http://support.vagaro.com/entries/22216655-Gift-Certificates-State-Regulations-for-Automatic-Expiration-Periods.
10. Select the individual that is receiving the gift card. You can quickly add customers by clicking the New button if they are not listed. You also have an option to customize the message and print or email a copy of the Gift Certificate to the recipient. For more information on how to print or email a copy of the Gift Certificate click on this link: How to Sell and Use Gift Certificates. Once you get to this link, click on the link that states: Email a Copy of a Gift Certificate to the Sender. You can find this link in the introduction in the article.
11. Select an image by clicking on the Template Type drop-down menu. Click Next once you are done choosing an image.
12. Click Save. Your customer will receive the Gift Certificate once you complete the Checkout. Keep in mind the Gift Certificate will be tied to the customer's profile. An email also will be sent to the customer if the Send email to the checkbox is selected.
Adding a Product
13. Click on +Product to add a product to the Checkout screen. You also can search for a product's barcode by typing it in the Quick Product Search Box. You, in addition, can scan the product's barcode. The code will appear in the box after being scanned.
14. Click in the checkbox next to the product you want to add. Also, keep in mind that you can filter your search of a product by Barcode ID, Brand, Product Type, and Product Name. Just click on the Search Icon or the Magnifying Glass. Click Add when you are finished.
Deleting an Item from Checkout
15. Click on the trash icon next to the item or service to remove them from the Checkout screen.
16. Click OK.
Checking Out a Customer
24. Click Checkout at the bottom of the screen when you are done adding items and have entered the payment. You can enter payments with Cash, a Check, a Gift Certificate, and a Credit Card if you have Credit Card Processing. For more information on how to apply for credit card processing, click on this link: How to Apply for Credit Card Processing.
25. You can rebook the appointment, go to your Calendar, or do more checkouts.
The video below also explains how to check out a service directly.