Vagaro's easy-to-use platform makes collecting payment a breeze. Our expanded checkout system allows you to speed up the checkout process, providing a more efficient and faster service for clients.
Apply discounts to multiple services and items at once, determine your tipping, checkout and receipt options and easily search for products with Vagaro's enhanced search feature.
Helpful Link: How to Check Out Customers on the Vagaro Pro App.
Walk-In Option: The updated checkout design doesn't have a walk-in option. However, there's a workaround solution. You can create a "Walk-In" profile for all new clients or customers. Remember you always can update the profile as well.
- Applying Discounts from Daily Deals
- Editing and Deleting Items
- Applying Points and Memberships to Payments
- Providing Discounts
- Tipping Options on a Printed Receipt
- Tipping on the Checkout Screen
- Splitting Tips Between Multiple Service Providers
Video Tutorial: How to Check Out in Vagaro
1. Click Checkout.
2. Click In Today to see customers who have appointments today. Then, make the selection. Or click All Customers. Then, select the client. You also can enter the customer's name in the search box. The name will then appear below.
3. You can see the customer's name and email. You also can see their points total.
4. You can see additional information, including how long the customer has been a client of your business, when they last visited, their birthday as well as if they have a membership.
Adding a New Customer
1. Click Create New to create a new customer profile.
2. Click Save Changes after entering the information and making the selections.
Editing an Existing Profile
1. Click Edit to make changes to the customer's profile.
2. Click Update Changes when you're finished updating the profile.
How to See a Customer’s History
1. Click History to view the client's history with your business.
2. Click on the category you want to view. For example, you'll be able to see a customer's appointments history if you click on the Appointments option.
Adding Items to the Checkout Screen
1. You can add a service, product, gift card, package or membership to the checkout screen. Just click on the option you want. For example, if you click Service, you'll be able to add a service to the screen.
Adding a Service
1. Click Service at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click on the drop-down menus to select the service and service provider. Click on the clock icon to select the time.
3. Click Add Service when you're finished.
Adding a Product
1. Click Product at the bottom of the screen.
2. Enter the Barcode ID in the box or place your cursor in the box and scan the ID. The product will then appear on the screen.
3. Notice you can search for a specific product. Just enter the Barcode ID, Product Name, Brand or Product Type in the search box. Then hit Enter on your keyboard.
4. Select the product by clicking on the checkbox. You also can add a product to the checkout screen by clicking on the Barcode ID.
5. There are two ways to search for a product:
- List View.
- Grid View.
In List View, leave the search box blank to view a list of all available products; then click on a checkbox to select an item. You can also enter a product name to view the details of that product only.
6. In Grid View leave the search box blank to view images of all products. Then, click on a checkbox or the image to select an item. You also can enter the product name in the search box to view the image of it.
7. Click Add Product at the bottom of the screen when you're finished.
Adding a Gift Certificate
1. Click Gift at the bottom of the screen.
2. Scan the gift certificate number or click Auto Generate to produce a number on the screen.
3. Click on the drop-down to select the service or just enter a dollar amount. Click on the calendar icon to set an expiration date.
4. Enter the recipient's name. Click New if the recipient does not have a profile.
5. Enter a custom message in the box under Message.
6. Click on the checkboxes to print a copy of the gift certificate and/or send a copy via email.
7. This pop-up appears when you click on the option to email a copy of the gift certificate. Just click Send Email.
8. Click on the drop-down under Template type. Then, select the template.
9. Select the template. Then, click Next.
10. Click Add Gift Certificate.
Adding a Package
1. Click Package at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click on the drop-down to select the service.
3. Enter the number of visits as well as the price. Notice you can add or remove a visit by clicking on the plus and minus signs, respectively.
4. Click on the checkbox to enable the Auto Renew function. A black check mark means the feature has been turned on.
5. You can select to renew the package monthly or yearly. You also can renew the item after a set number of visits are completed.
6. Click on the calendar icon to set an expiration date. Click Add Package when you're finished.
Adding a Membership
1. Click Membership at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click on the drop-down to select the desired membership. Remember you first have to create the membership in your Settings. Click this link to learn more: How to Create and Manage Customer Memberships.
3. You'll be able to see the description, the charge frequency, the price as well as the reward points customers collect.
4. Click on the calendar icon to select the payment date.
5. Click on the checkbox next to Auto Renewal to renew the membership automatically. Click Next when you're finished.
6. Enter the credit card details. Click Add when you're finished.
7. The membership has been added to the customer's profile. You also can see the item when you select the customer on the Checkout screen.
Applying Points and Discounts and Editing and Deleting Items
Applying Discounts from Daily Deals
1. Click on the Apply a Discount drop-down to check available Daily Deals and apply discounts to customers who did not book their appointment through a daily deal. The discount will automatically be applied to the correct service or product once you select the deal.
Editing and Deleting Items
1. Click on the three dots to edit or delete a service. Click Edit to change it to a different service. Click Delete to remove the item.
2. Let's first look at editing an item. Click on the drop-down to select a different service. Click Save when you're finished.
3. Let's now look at what happens when you delete items. Notice you can either delete it from the transaction list or delete it from both the transaction list and calendar.
4. Select the option. Then, click OK.
Applying Points and Memberships
1. Click on the checkbox under Use Pts to apply customer points to the payment. Click on the MS option to apply any discounts that have been given toward services, products or classes that are part of a membership.
2. Click Not This Time if you do not want to apply the membership. Click Use Membership to apply it towards the payment.
3. Notice the discount appears after applying the membership.
1. Enter the discount. Click $ to apply a dollar discount. Click % to apply the discount as a percentage of the cost. Click Apply to All to apply the discount to all items on the checkout screen.
2. The Due amount will change to reflect the discount. Notice you can edit discounts individually. Just enter the number in the box. Then, select if you want to offer it as a dollar amount or percentage.
1. Locate the payment type. Then, enter the total in the box. Notice you also can redeem a gift certificate and add a credit card to a customer's profile. Just click Add next to each option.
Redeeming a Gift Certificate
1. Let's look at redeeming a gift certificate first. After clicking Add on the checkout screen, click on the checkbox next to the certificate number. Enter the amount you want to use. Then, click Redeem GC.
Adding a Credit Card to a Customer’s Profile
1. Let's now look at adding a customer's credit card to a profile. After clicking Add on the checkout screen, enter the credit card details. Then, click Add.
Setting Receipt and Tipping Options
1. Click on the gear icon to set the receipt and tipping options.
2. Select the preferred receipt option. You can print and/or send a copy via email. Click Ask at Checkout to select a receipt option when checking out the client.
3. Select the tipping options. You can select up to five. Click Don’t ask for tip if you do not want to display the tipping options.
4. Toggle the switch to require digital signatures after completing the credit card transaction.
5. Click Save when you're finished.
6. Click OK to save the checkout preferences.
Managing Tips and Receipts
Tipping Options on a Printed Receipt
Customers often wonder how much they should tip. To help them out, our printed receipts display pre-calculated tip amounts based on the checkout settings entered by the business.
1. Click Checkout after entering the payment.
2. Click Print Receipt.
3. Once you print out the receipt, you'll be able to see your tip preferences.
Tipping on the Checkout Screen
To save time, you can click on the tip entry field on the checkout screen to view and select pre-calculated tip amounts based on your default tip settings.
1. Just click on the box next to Tip. Then, select the percentage you want to apply towards the payment. You also can enter a custom tip in the box just above the tip percentages.
2. Click Checkout when you are done selecting or entering the payment.
Splitting Tips Between Multiple Service Providers
Remember the system defaults to a 50-50 percent split. You can change this by clicking on the Split option.
1. Click Split on the right side of the screen to customize the split tip.
2. Enter the tip for each service provider.
3. Click Apply when you're finished.
Creating an IOU
1. Enter the amount in the IOU box. Next, enter the remaining amount.
2. This screen appears once you click Checkout or check out the client. Enter a comment. Then, click Yes.
3. You'll be able to see the IOU in the customer's profile. Just click on the IOU tab.
4. Click Edit to enter a new comment. Click Void to cancel the IOU. Click Pay to collect payment from the customer.
Splitting an IOU and Credit Card Payment
1. Enter the IOU payment under the Amount Due on the right side of the screen. Then, click on the Add button next to Credit Card.
2. Click Use Card on File if the customer already has a credit card attached to the profile. Click Use a Different Card to add or enter different credit card details.
3. Click Checkout.
4. Enter a comment. Then, click Yes.
5. You can print a receipt. You also can choose not to print one.
6. Click Charge Card.
Completing the Checkout
1. Click Checkout when you're ready to collect payment.
2. You can print a copy of the receipt, email a copy or even opt not to issue a receipt. You also can print a copy of a gift certificate receipt if you enabled the print option when creating the item.
3. The screen will appear when emailing a copy of a receipt. The recipient's email address will display automatically. You also can enter a new address in the box.
4. Click Send to email a copy of the receipt to the client.
5. You can rebook additional appointments or choose to go to the Calendar screen.