Our expanded checkout system allows you to speed up the checkout process, providing a more efficient and faster service for clients.
Apply discounts to multiple services and items at once, determine your tipping, checkout and receipt options and easily search for products with Vagaro's enhanced search feature.
Related Article: How to Check Out Customers on the Vagaro Pro App.
Let's get started!
1. Click Checkout.
2. Click In Today to see customers who have appointments today. Then, make the selection. Or click All Customers. Then, select the client. You also can enter the customer's name in the search box. The name will then appear below.
Once we've selected the client, we'll be able to add items such as services, you'll be able to add and sell items such as services, products, gift certificates, packages, and memberships on the Checkout screen. Let's explore these options in more detail.
Adding Items to the Checkout Screen
1. You can add and sell services, products, gift cards, packages and memberships on the Checkout screen. At the bottom of the screen, you select the option you prefer. For example, if you click Service, you'll be able to add or sell the services you offer.
Adding a Service
1. Click Service at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click on the drop-down menus to select the service and service provider. Click on the clock icon to select the time.
3. Click Add Service when you're finished.
Adding a Product
1. Click Product at the bottom of the screen.
2. Enter the Barcode ID in the box or place your cursor in the box and scan the ID. The product will then appear on the screen.
3. Notice you can search for a specific product. Just enter the Barcode ID, Product Name, Brand or Product Type in the search box. Then hit Enter on your keyboard.
4. Select the product by clicking on the checkbox. You also can add a product to the checkout screen by clicking on the Barcode ID.
5. There are two ways to search for a product:
- List View.
- Grid View.
In List View, leave the search box blank to view a list of all available products; then click on a checkbox to select an item. You can also enter a product name to view the details of that product only.
6. In Grid View leave the search box blank to view images of all products. Then, click on a checkbox or the image to select an item. You also can enter the product name in the search box to view the image of it.
7. Click Add Product at the bottom of the screen when you're finished.
Adding a Gift Certificate
1. Click Gift at the bottom of the screen.
2. Scan the gift certificate number or click Auto Generate to produce a number on the screen.
3. Click on the drop-down to select the service or just enter a dollar amount. Click on the calendar icon to set an expiration date.
4. Enter the recipient's name. Click New if the recipient does not have a profile.
5. Enter a custom message in the box under Message.
6. Click on the checkboxes to print a copy of the gift certificate and/or send a copy via email.
7. This pop-up appears when you click on the option to email a copy of the gift certificate. Just click Send Email.
8. Click on the drop-down under Template type. Then, select the template.
9. Select the template. Then, click Next.
10. Click Add Gift Certificate.
Adding a Package
1. Click Package at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click on the drop-down to select the service.
3. Enter the number of visits as well as the price. Notice you can add or remove a visit by clicking on the plus and minus signs, respectively.
4. Click on the checkbox to enable the Auto Renew function. A black check mark means the feature has been turned on.
5. You can select to renew the package monthly or yearly. You also can renew the item after a set number of visits are completed.
6. Click on the calendar icon to set an expiration date. Click Add Package when you're finished.
Adding a Membership
1. Click Membership at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click on the drop-down to select the desired membership. Remember you first have to create the membership in your Settings. Click this link to learn more: How to Create and Manage Customer Memberships.
3. You'll be able to see the description, the charge frequency, the price as well as the reward points customers collect.
4. Click on the calendar icon to select the payment date.
5. Click on the checkbox next to Auto Renewal to renew the membership automatically. Click Next when you're finished.
6. Enter the credit card details. Click Add when you're finished.
7. The membership has been added to the customer's profile. You also can see the item when you select the customer on the Checkout screen.
Editing and Deleting Items on the Checkout Screen
1. Once you locate the item, click the three dots to edit or delete a service. Click Edit to change it to a different service. Click Delete to remove the item.
2. Let's first look at editing an item. Click on the drop-down to select a different service. Click Save when you're finished.
3. Let's now look at what happens when you delete items. Notice you can either delete it from the transaction list or delete it from both the transaction list and calendar.
4. Once you select the preferred option, click OK.
1. Locate the payment type. Then, enter the total in the box. Notice you also can redeem a gift certificate and add a credit card to a customer's profile. Just click Add next to each option.
2. Click Checkout when you're ready to collect payment.
3. You can print a copy of the receipt, email a copy or even opt not to issue a receipt. You also can print a copy of a gift certificate receipt if you enabled the print option when creating the item.
4. The screen will appear when emailing a copy of a receipt. The recipient's email address will display automatically. You also can enter a new address in the box.
5. Click Send to email a copy of the receipt to the client.
6. You can rebook additional appointments or choose to go to the Calendar screen.