If you have a booth renter who's renting a chair or space at your business, follow these steps to collect payment:
- Create a new membership called Booth Renter. This way, you can set the price and auto-renewal option, charging the person automatically based on a charge frequency you set.
- Create a new customer profile for the booth renter so you can charge them the fee on the Checkout screen.
- Once you create a customer profile for the booth renter, select the renter on the checkout screen. Then select the Booth Renter membership you created. Click Checkout when you're finished processing the payment.
In this article, we will go over:
- Setting up a Membership to Automatically Charge a Booth Renter
- Creating a Booth Renter Customer Profile
- Charging a Booth Renter at Checkout
Setting up a Membership to Charge Booth Renter Fees
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Select Memberships on the left sidebar under Things We Sell.
3. Select New Membership.
4. Under Membership Name, enter "Booth Rent." Then enter "Rent collected from booth renters" in the field under Description.
Under Price, enter the amount you want to charge. Then, under Charge frequency, select how often you want to charge the renter.
You can charge them weekly, every two weeks, every four weeks, monthly, every two months, quarterly or yearly.
5. Select Auto Renew to charge the renter automatically based on the charge frequency you set in the previous step. Then enter the Auto-Renew Limit. Select Unlimited to continuously bill the booth renters without interruption.
If you enter a value, the renewal will be based on the limit you set. For example, if you enter "10," the membership will renew no more than 10 times.
6. Be sure to add at least one service to the membership. To get started, select the Services/Classes tab. Then click Add to add a service.
7. After adding the service, enter 0 in the field under Discount. Then select Unlimited in the field under Visits.
8. Click Save when you are finished.
Creating a Profile for the Booth Renter
1. Let's now create a client profile for the booth renter so we can charge them for the chair or space they are renting. Click Customers at the top of the screen.
2. Click New.
3. Enter an email address as well as the first and last name. If you don't know the person's email address, enter a cell phone. A first and last name is still required.
4. Click Save when you are finished.
Charging the Booth Renter
1. Click Checkout.
2. Select the booth renter customer profile we created.
3. Click Membership at the bottom of the screen.
4. Click on the drop-down menu to select the Booth Rent membership you created. Notice you also can change its price.
Click the calendar icon to set the payment date. Click the checkbox next to Auto-Renewal to renew the membership automatically.
5. Click Next.
6. Click Use Card on File if the person's credit card has been added to the profile. Click Use a Different Card to use a different credit card. Remember this step is only relevant if you have credit card processing.
7. Click Checkout when you're finished.
8. You will be able to view the membership in the booth renter's Customer Profile on the Customer Management page (Customers -> Customer Management).
You'll also be able to see it in the Transactions List (Reports -> Transaction List).