Balancing the Cash Drawer
Please note: Any transactions that happen after the 4 PM batch cut off time will be rolled over to next day's batch.
The cash drawer in Vagaro is a virtual way to keep track of how much physical money you have in your register. This feature acts as a check and balance for your cash drawer making it easier for you to match up your totals at the beginning and end of the day.
To enable this feature click here.
Watch this video or follow the steps below to learn how to balance the cash drawer.
Click this link to go to your Taxes and Checkout settings https://www.vagaro.com/ShopOwner/GeneralSettings.aspx? otherwise follow the instructions below.
1. Start by hovering over Settings and click Settings from the drop down menu. On the left hand side of this window click Taxes & Checkout.
2. In the Taxes & Checkout screen check the box to Require starting balance for cash drawer. By checking the box, it will maintain daily cash drawer balance which can be seen from Transaction List Report.
3. With the box checked, the system will require the first person to go to the check out screen to enter in the amount of cash in the drawer at the beginning of the day.
Note: You cannot change the cash drawer opening balance for that day, so be careful before you click "Save."
4. To view your cash drawer balance, hover over Reports, and click Transactions List from the drop down.
5. In the transaction screen you’ll see a a box that says Money Earned and Drawer Balance. Click the arrow in the center and it will show you all of your cash transactions for the day in the middle column.
It will show the amount of cash you opened with, how much cash you collected, the cash refunds you gave out, how much change you have due, and the Current balance that should be in your cash drawer.
The Transaction List will show all the money collected on a single day. You can export that list, print it daily to keep a hardcopy or you can just balance your cash drawer to the report.
Every night at midnight these totals will reset and you will have to enter in the cash drawer amount to mark the beginning of the day.