This feature allows you to keep track of all the money you have in your cash drawer. It also allows you to enter a starting balance at the beginning of the day.
How to Balance Your Cash Drawer
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Taxes & Checkout on the left side of the screen.
3. Toggle the option next to Require starting balance for cash drawer. A green color indicates that the feature has been enabled.
4. Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
5. The system will require the first employee, who comes in, to enter the opening balance when he or she gets to the checkout screen.
Please note: You can't change or edit the opening balance once you click Save.
6. Click Reports. Then, click Transaction List to view your cash drawer balance.
7. Click on the arrow to view the opening balance as well as other transactional data for the day. Keep in mind that the cash drawer total will reset at midnight.
8. Click Export to export the file to an Excel sheet or PDF. Click Print to get a physical copy.