How to Split a Transaction Between Two Credit Cards
If a client would like to pay for their service by using two credit cards, there is a two-step process. The first step is to sell a gift certificate for one-half of the total amount of the service with the first credit card, and then checkout for the service by using the gift certificate and with the 2nd credit card. This process requires two separate transactions; Sell the client a stand alone gift certificate for the amount that needs to be put on the first card. Afterwards, redeem the gift certificate for the service the client came in for and then have them pay the remaining amount with the second card.
Note - This feature does not work on the Vagaro Pro app. You must use the web version to use this feature. If you're using the Vagaro Pro app, go to More --- Web Version. The transactions must be done on either a tablet or a desktop computer.
Click this link to go to the Checkout screen https://www.vagaro.com/ShopOwner/Checkout.aspx then follow the instructions below
1.) Click on the Checkout button.
2. The appointment will appear on the Customer Checkout screen, since you're not quite done checking out the appointment yet, click on the Delete button on the left-hand side
3. Select Delete from transaction list only --- Click OK.
Note: This will not delete the appointment from the calendar screen.
4. Hover the mouse over Checkout button and click on it --- Click Add Gift. Sell a Gift Certificate for the amount that you would like to charge on the first credit card. (Note: For instructions on how to create a gift certificate, see our "Sell A New Gift Certificate" forum - http://support.vagaro.com/entries/20802203)
5. Go to the Calendar screen and click on the appointment. Click on Service Complete (Checkout) to complete the transaction.
6. Click on the Gift Certificate link under Payment Summary, select the Service from the drop down menu:
7. The gift certificate will be applied to the service. Swipe the second credit card at the customer checkout screen to charge the reminder to the other credit card and check out as you normally do.