How to Check Out Customers Paying with Two Credit Cards
To split credit card payments for customers trying to use two credit cards, follow these steps:
- Sell a client a stand-alone gift certificate for one portion of the total due. The customer will pay for this transaction with the first credit card.
- The customer will redeem the gift certificate for the service they came in for and then pay the remaining amount with the second card.
1. Click Checkout.
2. The appointment will appear on the Checkout screen since you're not done checking it out. Click on the three dots on the right side of the screen. Then, click Delete.
3. Select Delete from transaction list only. Click OK once you have made the selection. Remember that this will not remove the appointment from the calendar screen.
4. Click Gift to sell a gift certificate to the customer. Next, enter the amount that you would like to charge the first credit card.
For instructions on how to sell and use a gift certificate, click this link: http://support.vagaro.com/entries/20802203.
5. Click Checkout once you have created the gift certificate and applied the payment.
6. Select the customer on the checkout screen again.
7. Click on the Add option next to the Gift Certificate link on the right side of the screen.
8. Select the gift certificate and enter the amount in the box to apply it to the service. Click OK when you are finished.
9. Swipe the second credit card on the customer checkout screen to charge the remainder to the other card. Then, check out the client. The credit card will then be charged the updated amount that's due.