Is a customer trying to use two credit cards to pay for a service? No problem. Just follow these simple steps:
- Sell a client a stand-alone gift certificate for half the amount of the service. The customer will pay for this transaction with the first credit card.
- The customer will redeem the gift certificate for the service the client came in for and then pay the remaining amount with the second card.
Please Note: This feature does not work on the mobile. Thus, you must use the web version on a desktop computer or tablet to complete this action. Click More and then click Web Version to use this feature on a tablet.
How to Split a Transaction Between Two Credit Cards
1.) Click Checkout.
2. The appointment will appear on the Checkout screen since you're not done checking it out. Click on the trash icon on the left side of the screen to delete the service.
3. Select Delete from transaction list only. Click OK once you have made the selection. Please note that this will not remove the appointment from the calendar screen.
4. Hover over the Checkout button and click on it. Click +Gift to sell a gift certificate to the customer for the amount that you would like to charge on the first credit card.
For instructions on how to sell and use a gift certificate, click this link: http://support.vagaro.com/entries/20802203.
5. Go to the Calendar screen. Click on the appointment. Then, click on Service Complete (Checkout) to complete the transaction.
6. Click on the Gift Certificate link on the left side of the screen.
7. Select the gift certificate and enter the amount in the box to apply it to the service. Click OK when you are finished.
8. Swipe the second credit card on the customer checkout screen to charge the remainder to the other card. Then, resume with the normal checkout process.