A gift certificate or gift card is a voucher that a customer gives to someone as a present. You can configure it to be for a service or a dollar amount and choose from a variety of pre-made templates and designs when creating and selling them to your customers.
Once a gift certificate is created and sold to a recipient, it can then be redeemed on the Checkout screen.
- Sell and Redeem Gift Certificates - Vagaro Pro app
- Sell and Redeem Gift Cards - Vagaro Pro app
- Sell and Redeem Gift Cards - Web Version
- Gift Certificate State Regulations
In this article, we will go over:
Selling a Gift Certificate
- Go to Checkout and select a customer.
- Select Gift from the option icons along the bottom of the checkout screen.
The Add Gift Certificate screen displays.
- Enter a Gift Certificate number or use Auto Generate.
- Fill in the other gift certificate fields:
- Service/Class: tie this gift certificate to a specific service or class. (Optional)
- Amount: If you don't tie the certificate to a service/class, enter the value.
- Expire on: Select an expiration date using the calendar pop-up, or leave set at Never.
Check your state’s regulations for gift cards and certificates for information and expiration.
- Sender's Name: Will be filled with the selected customer.
- Recipient's Name: Start typing the name of a current customer, and it will fill in. Click New to create a new profile if the person does not have a customer profile.
Note: A customer must have a profile when a gift card is created and issued. The profile must include at least a first and last name.Note: If you do not know the recipient's contact information, create a customer profile of "Gift Certificate" to use. A customer only needs to provide a gift card or certificate number at checkout to redeem it.
- Message: The buyer can provide a message to the recipient.
- Select Print Gift Certificate to print a paper copy.
- Select Send email to: [recipient's name] to email the certificate to the recipient.
If you select Send email to, confirm your choice in the pop-up screen:
- Select a template type.
You can choose from pre-configured template designs and images, or use your own Business Created designs.
- Click Next to preview the certificate.
- On the preview screen, click Close to cancel, Back to make changes, or Add Gift Certificate to complete.
- Complete the transaction by entering the payment and clicking Checkout.
Redeeming a Gift Certificate
- To redeem a gift certificate, go to Checkout and select a customer.
- Add a service, product, package, or membership.
- Click Add next to Gift Certificate in the payments area.
- If the certificate doesn't automatically show in the list, enter the Gift Certificate number in the Search field, and click Search.
When the card is found, you’ll see the card number, the recipient’s name, the current balance on the card, and the sale amount pre-filled under How much to use? You can change how much to use if wanted.
Note: If a customer has multiple gift cards or certificates, you’ll see them all listed here. Use the checkboxes to select which one to use.
- Click Redeem GC.
- If there is any remaining payment due, enter it and then click Checkout.