A gift certificate is a voucher that a client gives to another customer as a present. You can add a dollar amount or service to it and choose from a variety of pre-made templates and designs when creating and selling them to clients.
To get started, select Checkout at the top of the screen. Select the customer. Then click the Gift option at the bottom of the screen to create the gift certificate.
Once the item has been created and assigned to a recipient, it can then be redeemed on the Checkout screen.
Let's get started!
Selling a Gift Certificate
1. Click Checkout at the top of the screen.
2. Click the All Customers tab. Then enter the name of the recipient. Select the recipient once the name appears.
3. Click the Gift option at the bottom of the checkout screen.
4. Enter the Gift Certificate number or click the Auto Generate option to generate an ID or number. Click the drop-down menu to select the service or just enter a dollar amount. Click on the calendar icon to set an expiration date.
5. Enter the recipient's name. Click New if the customer does not have a profile. You also can customize the message as well as print or send a copy of the gift card to the recipient's email.
6. This screen appears when you select to email a copy of the gift certificate to the recipient. Just click Send Email.
7. Click the drop-down under Template Type to select a template of your choice.
8. Select the image you want to add to the gift certificate below. Then click Next.
9. Click Add Gift Certificate.
10. After entering the remaining payment, click Checkout.
Sample Email to the Recipient
Sample Email to the Sender
Redeeming a Gift Certificate
1. Now that the gift certificate has been assigned to a recipient, the client can redeem it. Click Checkout at the top of the screen.
2. Click the All Customers tab. Place your cursor in the search box above this option. Then enter the name of the recipient. Select the recipient once the name appears.
3. Click the blue Add button next to Gift Certificate on the right side of the screen.
4. On the left side of the screen, select the checkbox that corresponds to the gift certificate you want to redeem. Then enter the dollar amount you want to use in the box under How much to use. When you're finished, click Redeem GC.
To search for a specific gift certificate, enter the Gift Certificate Number in the search box above. Then click the red Search button.
*Remember you can select and use multiple gift certificates if the customer was the recipient of more than one item.
5. Once you click Redeem GC, you'll see the Gift Certificate amount on the right side of the Checkout screen. Click Checkout when you're finished.