A gift certificate is a voucher that a client gives to another customer as a present. You can add a dollar amount or service to it and choose from a variety of pre-made templates and designs when creating and selling them to clients.
To get started, select Checkout at the top of the screen. Select the customer. Then click the Gift option at the bottom of the screen to create and sell the gift certificate.
Once the item is created and sold to a recipient, it can then be redeemed on the Checkout screen.
In this article, we will go over:
Selling a Gift Certificate
1. Click Checkout at the top of the screen.
2. Click the All Customers tab. Enter the name of the recipient. Then select them from the drop-down.
3. Click the Gift option at the bottom of the checkout screen.
4. Enter the Gift Certificate number or click the Auto Generate. This automatically assigns an ID or number to the item.
Under Service/Class (Optional), click the drop-down menu to assign a service or class to the gift certificate.
To assign a dollar amount, instead of a service or class, enter the value in the field under Amount. Under Expire On, click on the calendar icon to set an expiration date.
5. Enter the recipient's name. Click New if the customer does not have a profile and you want to create one on the spot.
Under Message, enter a custom message you want to add to the gift certificate. Select print gift certificate to print a copy of it. Click send email to email a copy to the recipient.
The sender will receive a copy by default once the checkout is completed.
6. You'll see this pop-up if you selected Send email in the previous step. Click Send Email.
7. Click the drop-down under Template Type to select a template of your choice.
8. Select the image you want to add to the gift certificate below. Then click Next.
9. Click Add Gift Certificate.
10. After entering the remaining payment, click Checkout.
The recipient will receive a copy of the gift certificate.
The sender also gets a copy.
Redeeming a Gift Certificate
1. Now that the gift certificate has been sent to the recipient, the client can redeem it. Click Checkout at the top of the screen to get started.
2. Click the All Customers tab. Place your cursor in the search box above this option. Then enter the name of the recipient. Select the recipient once the name appears.
3. Click the blue Add button next to Gift Certificate on the right side of the screen.
4. On the left side of the screen, select the checkbox that corresponds to the gift certificate you want to redeem. Then enter the dollar amount you want to use in the box under How much to use. When you're finished, click Redeem GC.
To search for a specific gift certificate, enter the Gift Certificate Number in the search box above. Then click the red Search button.
*Remember, you can select and use multiple gift certificates if the customer received more than one item.
5. Once you click Redeem GC, you'll see the Gift Certificate amount on the right side of the Checkout screen. Click Checkout to process the payment.