To reassign ownership of a Vagaro account if the current owner is retiring or selling the business to another person, follow the steps below when using the Desktop Version:
- Select Settings at the top of the screen.
- Click Employee Profiles on the left side screen.
- Find the account owner's profile. Click the three dots that correspond to it. Then select Reassign to get started.
Let's get started!
Reassigning Account Ownership
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Employee Profiles on the left sidebar.
3. Find the Account Owner. Click the three dots. Then, click Reassign.
4. Click the Reassign Account Ownership option. Then click Continue. Notice you also can select Reassign Calendar to reassign the owner's appointment schedule to another employee before changing ownership. We'll look at this option in more detail a little later.
5. Enter the password of the account owner and click Login to continue.
6. Click Continue.
7. Select the New Owner and Access Level. Then click Continue. Click Add Employee if you want to assign the ownership to a new person.
8. Enter the Credit Card Information of the new owner and click Continue.
9. Click Reassign Ownership once you are done reviewing Reassign Account Ownership summary. Click Finish once you have read the message confirming the transfer.
10. If the current account owner has credit card processing, you'll see a warning message when attempting to reassign the ownership to a person who does not have a merchant account. The new owner will be instructed to create a merchant account to keep the credit card processing feature active on the account.
Once the user presses continue, they will be directed to the credit card processing screen to create a new merchant account.
If the new account owner already has credit card processing, they will be able to select the correct merchant account for the business when reassigning ownership. This activates credit card processing for the user.
Reassigning a Calendar to Another Employee
To reassign the account owner's calendar to another employee or to a new person, follow the steps below. Remember, you can only reassign a calendar to an employee who does NOT have hours or services. Let's get started!
1. Find the account owner on the Employee Profiles page. Click the three dots that correspond to the profile. Then click Reassign.
2. Click on the Reassign Calendar option. Select the employee you want to reassign the calendar and then click Save.
Click Add Employee to create a new profile and assign the calendar to this employee.
3. The account owner has been reassigned! Click OK, and you're all set!