To reassign ownership of a Vagaro account if the current owner is retiring or selling the business to another person, follow the steps below when using the Desktop Version:
- Select Settings at the top of the screen.
- Click Employee Profiles on the left side screen.
- Once you have found the account owner's profile, click the three dots that correspond to it. Then select Reassign to get started.
*If you have a merchant account, make sure to cancel the account before changing ownership. To cancel a merchant account, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-919-0157.
Related Article: How to Change the Account Ownership using the Vagaro Pro App.
Let's get started!
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Employee Profiles.
3. Locate the Account Owner. Click the three dots. Then, click Reassign.
4. Click the Reassign Account Ownership option. Then click Continue. Notice you also can select Reassign Calendar to reassign the owner's appointment schedule to another employee before changing ownership. We'll look at this option in more detail a little later.
5. Enter the password of the account owner and click Login to continue.
6. Click Continue.
7. Select the New Owner and Access Level. Then click Continue. Click Add Employee if you want to assign the ownership to a new person.
8. Enter the Credit Card Information of the new owner and click Continue.
9. Click Reassign Ownership once you are done reading the Reassign Account Ownership summary. Click Finish once you have read the message confirming the transfer.
Reassigning a Calendar to Another Employee
To reassign the account owner's calendar to another employee or to a new person, follow the steps below. Remember, you can't reassign a calendar to an employee who currently has hours or services.
1. Once you locate the account owner on the Employee Profiles page, click the three dots that correspond to the profile. Then click Reassign.
2. You have the option to reassign the calendar to another employee. Click on the Reassign Calendar option, select the employee you want to reassign the calendar and then click Save.
3. You'll get this screen once the change has been made. Click OK.