If your customers are not getting email and text notifications or reminders, go through these troubleshooting steps when using the Web Version:
- Make sure notifications and reminders are enabled in your Settings.
- Make sure the client has a valid email and phone number.
- Ensure that the notifications and reminders options are enabled in the client's profile.
Remember, if a customer books an appointment, class or workshop on your booking page online, they will not receive an email, text or push notification. But they will see a message on the screen confirming that the appointment was booked.
If you book an appointment on your calendar in your Vagaro account, the client will receive a notification.
Also, remember customers can only reply to email notifications. They can't respond to automated text messages as the messages come from a short code number, 89885.
Let's get started!
- Turning on Notifications and Reminders in Settings
- Turning on Notifications and Reminders for Customers
- Important Info for T-Mobile Users
- What If Customers Still Are NOT Receiving Notifications?
Enabling Notifications and Reminders in Settings
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Email & Text Notifications.
3. Toggle the options to allow customers to receive the following notifications: Appointment Details, Confirmation Requests and Appointment Reminders.
4. Notice you also have an option to enable notifications sent to the business as well as to service providers.
Enabling Notifications and Reminders in a Customer's Profile
1. Click on Customers.
2. Enter the name of the customer. Then select the name once it appears.
3. Click Edit Profile.
4. Enter the customer's email address so they can receive email notifications. Enter the customer's mobile number in the Cell Phone field so they can receive texts. The customer must have a valid 10-digit number. Also, do not enter a "1" in front of the number.
Remember, cell phone numbers cannot have special characters and must only be 10 digits (EX: 8009190157)
5. Click on the drop-down under Appointment Reminders By. Then select the Email, SMS/Text, and Push Notification options.
6. Click Update when you're finished.
Important Information for T-Mobile Users
T-Mobile customers who are not receiving text messages from Vagaro likely have the Message Blocking feature set on their account.
Message Blocking is a service that allows you to block messages to and from your phone. Thus, you can block incoming and outgoing text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), Instant Messages (IM), and emails.
Click on the following link, if this is the case, to receive text messages from Vagaro: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1712.
What if Customers are Still NOT Receiving Notifications?
Instruct clients to look in their spam or junk folder. Also, make sure that they have entered their information correctly in their customer profile.