If your customers are not getting email and text notifications or reminders, just go through the troubleshooting tips below. We also offer tips for employees not receiving notifications and reminders.
Helpful Information: Customers can only reply to email notifications. They can't respond to automated text messages when an appointment is booked as the messages come from a short code number, 89885.
Video Tutorial: How to Enable Email, Text, and Push Notifications
Enabling Notifications and Reminders in Settings
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Email & Text Notifications.
3. Toggle the options to allow customers to receive the following notifications: Appointment Details, Confirmation Requests and Appointment Reminders.
4. Notice you also have an option to enable notifications sent to the business as well as to service providers.
Enabling Notifications and Reminders for Customers
1. Click on Customers.
2. Enter the name of the customer. Then select the name once it appears.
3. Click Edit Profile.
4. Enter the customer's email address so they can receive email notifications. Enter the customer's mobile number in the Cell Phone field so they can receive texts. The customer must have a valid 10-digit number. Also, do not enter a "1" in front of the number.
Remember, cell phone numbers cannot have special characters and must only be 10 digits (EX: 8009190157)
5. Click Update.
Enabling Notifications for Employees
1. Click Settings. Then, click Employees Profile on the left side of the screen.
2. Locate the employee. Click Profile.
3. Enter the correct email and the phone number. Make sure that "1" is not put in front of the number.
4. Toggle the switches so that the employee can receive email, text, and push notifications. Click Save when you are finished.
Important Information for T-Mobile Users
T-Mobile customers who are not receiving text messages from Vagaro likely have the Message Blocking feature set on their account.
Message Blocking is a service that allows you to block messages to and from your phone. Thus, you can block incoming and outgoing text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), Instant Messages (IM), and emails.
Click on the following link, if this is the case, to receive text messages from Vagaro: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1712.
What if Customers are Still NOT Receiving Notifications?
Instruct clients to look in their spam or junk folder. Also, make sure that they have entered their information correctly in their customer profile.