he Star TSP100 printer can be setup to automatically open the Cash Drawers when printing a receipt. Here are the steps:
Note: The following steps assume you already have set up the printer. If you have not, please refer to the following link and select your Windows operating system for more details - http://support.vagaro.com/forums/20277341
- Connect the Cash Drawer to the Receipt Printer. Make sure you connect the cable to the printer and cash drawer correctly; there is a label on each end of the cable telling you where to connect it.
- In Windows, click Start.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Find the Star printer, right-click and select Printer Properties.
- Select the Device Settings tab.
- There are seven selections at the bottom, make sure to choose the following:
- FRICTION: Letter
- Cash Drawer1 - Pulse Width: 200 milliseconds
- Peripheral Unit Type: Cash Drawer
- Buzzer 1 - On Time: 200 milliseconds
- Buzzer 1 - Off Time: 500 milliseconds
- Buzzer 2 - On Time: 200 milliseconds
- Buzzer 2 - Off Time: 500 milliseconds
- Click Apply and then click OK at the bottom and everything should work.