The Star TSP100III USB is one of the best receipt printers on the market, and it's super easy to use. This forum will show you how to install, connect, and troubleshoot the USB printer with your Windows Computer.
To set up a Star USB Printer with a Windows computer, see this article.
- Make sure you are using the correct cable. The USB Cable looks like the image below and is included in the packaging. The port to the printer is marked A, and the port to the computer is marked B.
- Connect the USB cable to the printer using the USB Type-B point on the printer and then secure it by running the cable through the cable hook.
- Connect the USB cable to your computer.
- Connect the included power cable to the inlet on the back of the TSP100III, and then connect the power cable to the outlet.
- On the left side of the device, flip the power switch to on and check that the blue LED lights up.
- Next, insert a roll of paper. Check that the power is on. Push the lever on the top to open the cover.
- If your paper roll is 58mm wide, install the supplied paper guide inside the printer.
- The direction that you insert the paper roll is important. Insert the roll with the paper edge under the roll, not over the roll. See illustration below.
- Pull the end of the paper straight out and over the front of the printer. Close the printer cover by pushing it down on both sides.
Install the Printer Driver (Choose either CD or Download)
Install Using Downloaded Driver
- Click on this link to download the driver: https://vsupport.azureedge.net/forums/tsp100_v750_lite.zip.
- Open the downloaded file that appears on the desktop.
- Open the folder Labeled tsp100_v750_lite.zip.
- Open the folder labeled Mac.
- Open the folder labeled Cups.
- Unzip the folder labeled starcupsdrv-4.7.0_mac0.zip.
- Open the folder starcupsdrv-4.7.0_mac.
- Open the folder labeled Driver.
- Open starcupsdrv-4.7.0.pkg.
- Follow the instructions on the wizard to finish the driver installation process.
Add the Printer and Set it up as Default
- Connect the printer to the computer using the supplied USB cable and power on the printer.
- Click on the Apple icon on the top left corner of the screen, and select System Preferences.
- Select Print and Fax.
- In the Default Printer drop-down box, select STAR TSP 100.
Printing a Sales Receipt and Changing Printer Settings
- Open Safari and go to the Vagaro website and log in.
- At Customer Checkout, select Print Receipt.
- A printer menu will appear. Make sure to expand the window by clicking on the drop-down arrow.
- Uncheck the Print Headers and Footers box.
- Under Paper Size, select Manage Custome Sizes.
- Click on the Plus Sign (+) under the list field.
- Rename Untitled to Vagaro.
- Use the settings from the following image and click OK to save.
- Click on the drop-down menu titled Safari, select Features.
- From the Features drop-down, select Output Options.
- From the Features Sets drop-down, select Cut Length.
- Set Page and Document Cut to Partial Cut.
- On the Features drop-down, now select Cash Drawer. (Skip if you don't have a cash drawer).
- On the Cash Drawer drop-down, select Open Drawer 1.
- On the Cash Drawer 1 Pulse Width menu, select 200 milliseconds.
- Make sure the cash drawer is plugged into the printer.
- On the Presets menu, select Save As and save settings as Vagaro.
- Test your setup by printing a receipt. In your Vagaro account, hover over Reports, and click Transactions List from the drop-down menu.
- Run a report and select any transaction. Click Receipt from the action column to print.
- Confirm and click Print. If the printer is connected correctly, it will print out your receipt. If not, refer back to the "Adding the Printer" section.
- This is an example of your test print.