The Online Appointment Rules feature allows you to set your online booking rules, including refund policies for customers making prepayments on your booking page as well as cancellation, no-show, and rescheduling policies. You also can set a requirement to accept or deny a customer's request to book your business online. This is especially helpful if you have clients who don't adhere to your cancellation policies and cancel bookings frequently.
To learn more about this feature, follow these steps:
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Click Online Appointment Rules on the left side of the screen.
- Click Save once you're finished setting your Online Appointment Rules.
Let's get started!
Helpful Link: How to Set Online Appointment Rules on the Vagaro Pro App.
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen. Then click Online Appointment Rules on the left side of the screen.
2. Enter the number of hours for the Appointment Lead Time. This feature allows you to set how soon a customer can book an appointment with your business online, giving you enough time to make it to the appointment.
3. Enter the Appointment Search Limit. This feature allows you to set the number of available appointment times for your customers to book online.
4. Enter the Search Appointment Interval. Use this feature to set the time intervals between available appointment options online.
5. Toggle to allow customers to see the number of seats that are available in a class.
6. Click on the drop-down to set the Employee Order that customers will see when booking services online. You can set the order by First Available service providers or by the Website Employee Line Up, found in your Settings page in Vagaro. You also can set the order by Best Reviewed service providers or by Alphabetical Order.
7. Toggle the Require Acceptance for Online Booking option to give your business the ability to deny or approve a customer's request to book your business online. Click on the checkboxes below this option to require acceptances for specific types of appointments or customers, including:
- New customer appointments.
- Old customer appointments.
- Outcall service appointments.
- Customers with a specific number of no-shows or cancellations.
Once you select to require acceptance for customers with a specific number of no-shows or cancellations, you will be prompted to enter a minimum number. For example, if you enter "5," this will require acceptance for clients who have at least five no-shows or cancellations.
8. Select to allow customers to cancel an appointment. Next, enter the minimum hours required before canceling or rescheduling.
9. Toggle to refund customers who prepay for appointments. A green color means that the option has been enabled.
10. Enter the refund policy.
11. Select to allow customers to reschedule an appointment. Next, enter the minimum hours required to reschedule.
12. Enter the appointment cancellation policy.
13. Toggle to accept American Express payments. Toggle the Require Credit Card for Online Booking option to capture or save a customer's credit card when they book online. Then enter the Greater than or equal to dollar amount below this option.
14. Toggle to only allow verified customers to leave reviews. Then, click Save.