The Online Appointment Rules feature allows you to set the online booking rules, including automated waitlist options, refund policies for customers prepaying online as well as the cancellation, no-show, and rescheduling policies. You also can set a requirement to accept or deny a customer's request to book online. This is especially helpful if you have clients who don't adhere to your cancellation policies and cancel bookings frequently.
To learn more about this feature, follow the steps below.
Let's get started!
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen once you log in.
2. Click Online Appointment Rules on the left side of the screen.
3. Enter the number of hours for the Appointment Lead Time. This feature allows you to set how soon a customer can book an appointment with your business online, giving you enough time to make it to the appointment.
4. Enter the Appointment Search Limit. This allows you to set the number of available appointment times for your customers to book online.
5. Enter the Search Appointment Interval. Use this feature to set the time intervals between available appointment options online.
6. Click Show Number of Seats Remaining in Classes to allow customers to see the number of seats available in a class when booking online.
7. Click on the drop-down under Service Provider Order to set how your employees are ordered on your Vagaro booking page. You can set the order by service providers who are First Available or by the Website Employee Line Up, found in your Settings in Vagaro. You can also set the order by service providers who are Best Reviewed or by Alphabetical Order.
8. Select Require Acceptance for Online Booking option to give your business the ability to deny or approve a customer's request to book your business online. You can require acceptance for:
- New customer appointments.
- Old customer appointments.
- Outcall service appointments.
- Customers with a specific number of no-shows or cancellations.
Once you select the Customer with no-shows or cancellations option, you will be prompted to enter a minimum number. For example, if you enter "5," this will require acceptance for clients who have at least five no-shows or cancellations.
9. To create a Waitlist, select from the four options below.
- You Pick: This allows you to manually select a client from a waitlist and add them to an opening slot on the calendar from your Notification Panel when your schedule is full and a customer cancels.
- Money Maker: An automatic notification is sent to the customer with the highest-paid appointment on the waitlist. If a customer does not respond within the time frame (Time to Respond) you set, the opening is offered to the next highest paid appointment.
- First in Line: An automatic notification is sent to the first client on the waitlist. If the customer does not respond within the time frame you set, a notification is sent to the client who is next in line.
- Instant Book: An automatic notification is sent to all clients on the waitlist. The first to book gets the appointment.
Click this link for more information on how to create a Waitlist in Vagaro: How to Create a Waitlist on the Desktop Version.
10. Select Customers Can Add to Waitlist to allow customers to add themselves to the waitlist when they book online.
11. Select Customers Can Cancel to allow customers to cancel an appointment. Then enter the minimum hours required before canceling or rescheduling. Select Automatically Refund Prepaid Appointments to refund customers who prepay for appointments. A green color means that the option has been turned on.
12. Enter the Refund Policy.
13. Select Customers Can Reschedule to allow clients to reschedule an appointment. Then enter the minimum number of hours clients can reschedule before an appointment.
14. Enter the Appointment Cancellation Policy.
15. Select Accept American Express to allow clients to book online appointments using an American Express card.
Select Require Credit Card for Online Booking to capture or save a customer's credit card when they book online. Then enter the Greater than or equal to dollar amount below this option. In the example below, we're requiring the customer to enter their credit card details if they spend a minimum of $1.
16. Select Only Allow Reviews from Verified Customers to allow only verified customers to leave reviews. Verified Customers are clients whose appointments have been marked as Completed. Once you're finished, click Save.