Take control of customers who book online. Set cancellation policies and set other online rules with the Online Appointment Rules feature.
Note: The Appointments search limit option sets the number of appointments available for online booking. Some people don't want it to appear as if they are busy and mistakenly set this to a low number such as 3 or 4. The issue with this is this prevents your clients from booking a time that is convenient for them. Take this for example. You start at 8:00 a.m. and take appointments every 30 minutes. A search limit of 4 would only show appointments at 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, and 9:30. This limits a client who can only come in for an appointment at 6:00 p.m. Thus, it's always best to keep this feature at the default setting.
Please also note: The system currently is only able to require a credit card capture at this time when booking appointments. It will not automatically take a deposit or charge customers. However, we are bringing this function in soon. To turn on the credit card capture function, you need to set up a Vagaro Merchant Services account. For more information on how to do this, click this link: How to Sign Up for Credit Card Processing.
For information on how to turn off the Online Booking feature, click this link: How to Stop Customers from Booking Online.
Go to Settings - Settings -> Online Appointment Rules to set up your Online Booking/Appointment Rules.
If you are ready to start editing your online appointment rules go to this link https://www.vagaro.com/ShopOwner/GeneralSettings
Watch this video or follow the Article below to learn how to use the Online Shopping Cart.
1. Click on Settings. Next, click on Online Appointment Rules.
2. Enter the hours of the Appointment Lead Time. This feature sets how soon a customer can book an appointment with your business online, giving you enough time to make it to the appointment.
3. Enter the Appointment Search Limit. This feature allows you to set the number of available appointment times for your customers to book online.
4. Enter the Search Appointment Interval. Use this feature to set the time intervals between available appointment options online.
5. Click on the drop-down to set the Employee Order that customers will see when booking services online. You can set the order by First Available service providers or by the Website Employee Line Up, found in your Settings page in Vagaro. You also can set the order by Best Reviewed service providers or by Alphabetical Order.
6. Toggle to require the business to accept appointments before booking it. You also can limit appointment acceptances to specific types of appointments or customers. In addition, you can set the number when requiring appointment acceptances for customers who are no shows or who cancel appointments. For example, you can set it so that you can require appointment acceptances for customers who have at least five no-shows or cancellations.
7. Click on this option to allow customers to select a gender preference for a service provider when booking online.
8. Select to allow customers to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Next, enter the minimum hours required to cancel or reschedule.
9. Enter the cancellation policy for the appointment or class.
10. Toggle to accept American Express payments. Next, toggle to require capturing a customer's credit card information when they book appointments online. Enter the Greater than or equal to dollar amount below this option.
You also can toggle to require that customers pay with a credit card when booking classes online.
11. Toggle to only allow customers, who have completed an appointment, the option to leave a review.
Click Save when you are done making all of the selections.