What are computer cookies?
A cookie is a piece of data that a website puts on the device so the website can remember you when you visit again.
Cookies are stored on your computer by websites you visit and contain information such as site preferences or login status. Computer cookies are intended to enhance the experience of Internet navigation.
Depending on what browser you are using, click on the link below to see how to turn on Cookies:
How to allow cookies on Internet Explorer 9 :
1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools button , and click on "Internet Options".
3. Click the Privacy tab. Then click the Sites button.
4. Click Allow.
5. Click Apply. Click on OK. Then you're all set!
How to allow cookie and site data permissions on Google Chrome(Version 23.0.1271.91 m) :
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings from dropdown menu.
- Click Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page.
- In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Cookies" section, you can change the following cookies settings:
- Make sure "Allow local data to be set" is selected and "Block third-party cookies and site data" is NOT selected to allow both first-party and third-party cookies.
- Click "OK"
How to allow cookies on Firefox 17 :
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button ( menu in Windows XP) and then click
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
How to turn on cookies on Safari 5.1 :
Follow these steps to allow the Safari browser to accept cookies.
- With the Safari browser open, go up to the Finder bar and select "Safari."
2. Select the Preferences option from the drop down menu.
3. Select the Privacy tab.
4. Set "Block Cookies" to "Never."
5. Close the Preferences window.