Vagaro's customers often ask, “There are so many other people I’m competing against; How do I get found on Google?”
Vagaro does it’s best to make sure your website will show up on the first page of a search when people are looking for the services you preform in their area. But Google, Yahoo and the other search engines use a multifaceted approach to figure out who ranks at the top of their search results. Here are some tips on what you can do to increase your visibility on the web and make it easy for new customers to find you.
You can use your Vagaro domain name or your private domain if you have one to list your business on the sites below. If you do not know your Personal Vagaro URL you can find it by clicking on the "Settings" --- "Business Profile" and it is under "Personal Vagaro URL" at the bottom.You can update this personal URL at anytime.
Now that you did the above your are ready to get listed for free on all of the websites below:
- Create an account on Google Places, so Google knows where you are located, it has a link to your website and other information. Go to http://www.google.com/places/ to sign-up
- Create a Yelp account http://www.yelp.com/writeareview/newbiz
- Create a Yahoo local account http://listings.local.yahoo.com/
- Create an InsiderPages account http://insiderpages.com/session/new?header_link=true
- Create a CitySearch account, go to www.CitySearch.com then click on “Register” at the top right.
- Create a Judy’s Book account http://www.judysbook.com/join
- Create a FourSquare account https://foursquare.com/signup/
- Create a YP.com account http://adsolutions.att.com/advertise-with-us?utm_source=YPR_google&utm_campaign=YPR_%28organic%29&utm_medium=YPR_organic&utm_term=YPR_%28not%20provided%29
- Create a Facebook Business Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
- Sign in to Google+ account https://accounts.google.com/Login
- Sign up for a Pinterest account - https://pinterest.com/join/signup/
- Start a Wordpress Blog - https://signup.wordpress.com/signup/
To find new customers, we have been told by our customers that both Groupon and Living Social are two of the best sites. Click on the link below for more information on how it works:
- Groupon – http://www.groupon.com/merchants/welcome
- Living Social – http://livingsocial.com/deals/how_it_works
- Your Best Deals - http://www.yourbestdeals.com/MerchantSignup.aspx
I hope this information is helpful to you. By following these steps, it should increase your presence on the web and help grow your business.
It might make things a lot easier for you to have a Vagaro website built with a private domain so that when you are found your business looks more professional. Bellow are the steps to take to do that:
- For only $10 a month, Vagaro will host a customized website for you that you can build yourself through our Website Builder. This allows you to customize the look & colors for your site and make it personalized and more attractive for new customers to book appointments on. If you don’t have time to create it yourself, for only $100Vagaro offers a service to build it for you along with:
- Customized website with your own colors and graphics
- Customized Email Marketing Templates that match
- Customized Gift Certificates that match
- The second thing you should do is get your own domain name for yourVagaro website.
- Go to Vagaro Domains and register your domain name. Then email us at email@example.com with your login information for your domain and your business name on Vagaro so we can forward your domain name to your Vagaro website. If you need any help just call us at (800) 919-0157 x2.