The Yelp Integration is a great way to expand your online booking presence. You can promote your business and get customers to book your services directly from this page.
In this article, we will go over:
- Activating the Yelp Integration
- General Rules about the Yelp Integration
- What If I'm Having Issues with the Integration?
- Deactivating the Yelp Integration
*Remember, if you are on a free trial, you won't be able to use this feature. Once you are out of the free trial and activate the Yelp integration, the system will automatically attempt to integrate the Vagaro account with the Yelp page once the payment is accepted.
Let's get started!
Activating the Yelp Integration
1. Click on Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Select Integrations.
3. Find the Yelp integration. Then click Learn More.
4. Select the Status toggle switch to activate the integration.
5. Click OK to enable the integration.
6. You will see a Book Now button on your Yelp page after the integration is successful. Clients will select this option to book appointments.
Example of Booking
- Yelp booking currently only works in the United States.
- You must be out of your 30-day trial to enable this feature.
- Booking - Only one service can be booked at a time through Yelp. Packages and multiple appointments can't be booked at this time.
- Pricing - Only services with a price of $1 or great will appear on Yelp.
- Appointment Approval - All appointments on Yelp are accepted immediately. Thus, the Yelp platform does not adhere to the approval process you have set in Vagaro.
- Cancellation - The Cancellation Policy will be based on your Cancellation Policy at the time of booking. If you change it at a later time, Yelp remembers the old setting for the one appointment and honors that Cancellation Policy.
- Credit Card Capture - Yelp does not allow credit card capture at the time of booking but is looking to add this feature in the future.
- Outcall - Any appointments that are set as "Mandatory" Outcall, will not appear on Yelp. Yelp requires the customer to go to your business location for the service. Services that have Outcall as "Optional" will only show the business location.
- Reminders / Confirmations - Your customers will receive confirmation, reminder, detail, and cancellation notifications from Vagaro when booking through Yelp. Yelp also sends customers the appointment detail information when the appointment is placed. The site, in addition, will send a notification when an appointment is canceled. The customer is added to the Customer List for future email marketing, promotions, and future bookings.
What If I'm Having Issues Integrating Yelp?
If this is the case, please keep the following in mind:
1) Your business must have at least one service provider who can accept booking online.
2) A service provider must have at least one service with a set duration and a price that is greater than zero.
3) The name and address of the business in Yelp and Vagaro must match. Please be cautious about using special characters such as ' or -. These characters have a lot of variations that almost look the same. It is always safe to use characters found on your keyboard.
Deactivating the Yelp Integration
To deactivate the integration, follow these steps.
- Once you get to the Settings, select Integrations.
- Select Learn More under the Yelp option.
- Click the Status option to deactivate the integration.