The Yelp Integration is a great way to expand your online booking presence. You can promote your business and get customers to book your services directly from your page on Yelp.
In this article, we will go over:
- Activating Yelp Integration
- General Rules about Yelp Integration
- What If I'm Having Issues with Yelp Integration?
- Deactivating Yelp Integration
Related Article: Tracking Yelp Bookings in Vagaro
Activating Yelp Integration
- Navigate to Settings > Add-Ons > Integrations.
- Find the Yelp integration. Then click Learn More.
- Select the Status toggle switch to activate the integration.
- Click OK to enable the integration.
- After successful integration, you will see a Book Now button on your Yelp page. Clients will select this option to book appointments.
- Yelp booking currently only works in the United States
- You must be out of your 30-day trial to enable this feature
- Booking - Only one service can be booked at a time through Yelp. Packages and multiple appointments can't be booked at this time
- Pricing - Only services with a price of $1 or great will appear on Yelp
- Appointment Approval - All appointments on Yelp are accepted immediately. Thus, the Yelp platform does not adhere to the approval process you have set in Vagaro
- Cancellation - The Cancellation Policy will be based on your Cancellation Policy at the time of booking. If you change it at a later time, Yelp remembers the old setting for the one appointment and honors that Cancellation Policy
- Credit Card Capture - Yelp does not allow credit card capture at the time of booking but is looking to add this feature in the future
- House Calls- Any appointments that are set as "Mandatory" House Call will not appear on Yelp. Yelp requires the customer to go to your business location for the service. Services with House Call as "Optional" will only show the business location.
- Reminders / Confirmations - Your customers will receive confirmation, reminder, detail, and cancellation notifications from Vagaro when booking through Yelp. Yelp also sends customers the appointment detail information when the appointment is placed. The site, in addition, will send a notification when an appointment is canceled. The customer is added to the Customer List for future email marketing, promotions, and bookings.
What If I'm Having Issues Integrating Yelp?
If this is the case, please keep the following in mind:
- Your business must have at least one service provider who can accept booking online.
- A service provider must have at least one service with a set duration and a price greater than zero.
- The name and address of the business on Yelp and Vagaro must match. Please be cautious about using special characters such as ' or -. These characters have a lot of variations that almost look the same. It is always safe to use characters found on your keyboard.
Deactivating Yelp Integration
To deactivate the integration, follow these steps.
- Go back to Settings > Integrations.
- Select Learn More under the Yelp option.
- Toggle the Status option off to deactivate the integration.