How to Integrate Yelp with Vagaro
The Yelp booking integration is a way for your customers to book appointments with you through Yelp. This forum will go over how to setup this booking integration on your Yelp page to the automatic setup fails.
Note: You must be a paying customer to enable this feature. The Feature Automatically attempts to connect with your Yelp page once your payment is accepted. Continue reading below if the automatic setup fails.
Watch this video or read the article below.
What If I'm Having Issues Integrating Yelp?
If this is the case, please keep the following in mind:
1) Your business must have at least one service provider who can accept booking online.
2) A service provider must have at least one service with a set duration and a price that is greater than zero.
3) The name and address of the business in Yelp and Vagaro must match. Please be cautious of using special characters such as ' or -. These characters have a lot of variations that almost look the same. It is always safe to use characters found on your keyboard.
Enable Yelp Booking
1. To enable booking for Yelp, click on Settings, and then Integrations.
2. Click Learn More in the box for the Yelp integration.
3. Below the information, click the toggle switch for status to change it from inactive, to active.
4. The address information will be automatically filled using your business address on file and this information will be sent to Yelp for matching. This screen will ask if you approve using this information. Click Ok.
5. After you successfully set up Yelp booking for your account, you will see a Book Now button added to your Yelp page, where clients can book appointments directly to your vagaro account.
Example of Booking
- Yelp Booking currently only works in the United States
- You must be out of your 30-day trial to enable this feature
- Booking - Only one service can be booked at a time through Yelp, at this time packages and multiple appointment bookings are not available.
- Pricing - Only services with a price of $1 or great will appear on Yelp. If you have a $0 consultation, it will not appear on Yelp.
- Appointment Approval - Any Approval Process you have set up in Vagaro will be ignored by Yelp as they require immediate booking when using Yelp. All appointments on Yelp are Accepted Immediately.
- Cancellation - The Cancellation Policy will be based on your Cancellation Policy at the time of booking. If you change it at a later time, Yelp remembers the old setting for the one appointment and honors that Cancellation Policy.
- Credit Card Capture - Yelp does not allow credit card capture at the time of booking. They are looking to add this feature in 1 year from now.
- Outcall - Any appointments that are set up for "Mandatory" Outcall, will not appear on Yelp. Yelp requires that they go to your physical business location for the service. Services that have the Outcall as "Optional" will only show the business location.
- Reminders / Confirmations - Your customers will receive confirmation, reminder, detail, and cancellation notifications from Vagaro when booking through Yelp. Yelp also will send your customers the appointment detail information when the appointment is placed. The site, in addition, will send a notification when an appointment is canceled. The customer will be added to your Customer List for future email marketing, promotions, and future bookings directly with you.