To automatically refund a client who has prepaid for a service or class, follow these steps when using the Web Version. You can configure automatic refunds in Online Appointment Rules by selecting the Customers Can Cancel option. You'll then see an option to give an automatic refund.
If the automatic refund option is turned off, you can manually refund from the Calendar screen or the Customer Profile. Select a prepaid appointment to begin the process. A prepaid appointment is indicated by a dollar icon.
When refunding the service, you can send an email to the client, informing them of the reason for the refund. You can also email or print a copy of the receipt.
If you choose not to refund a customer, you will be required to enter a reason for denying, cancelling, or deleting the appointment before sending the notification.
- Setting Automatic Refunds for Prepaid Appointments Online
- Refunding Prepaid Appointments
- Opt Not to Refund Prepaid Appointments
- Refund a Prepaid Appointment from the Customer Profile
Setting Automatic Refunds for Prepaid Appointments Online
- Go to Settings > Online Appointment Rules.
- Toggle Customers Can Cancel on (green).
- Hours before appointment: Enter the number of hours a customer can cancel before an appointment.
- Toggle Automatically Refund for Pre-paid Appointments and Classes on (green) to refund customers if they cancel within the allowed period.
Remember this option pertains to only online booking.
- Click Save.
Refunding Prepaid Appointments
If the automatic refund option is off, you can select prepaid appointments on the calendar, set them to a status of Cancel, Delete, or Deny and manually refund the prepaid amount.
- Go to the Calendar and click a prepaid appointment (indicated by the $ icon).
- From here you have two menus: one for appointment options (including Delete) and a Change Status menu (where you can Cancel or Deny the appointment.)
- Select one of the options: Delete, Deny, or Cancel.
If there is more than one appointment for the client, you'll see a pop-up asking if you want to act on one or more appointments.
Note: these Delete/Deny/Cancel screens are all the same, depending on which action you've chosen.
- Select one occurrence or multiple and click the Delete, Deny, or Cancel Appointment(s) button.
- If you chose multiple appointments, select one or more appointments to act on and click the Delete, Deny, or Cancel Appointment(s) button.
- Click Refund.
- Click in a box under the preferred refund option (cash, credit, or gift certificate.)
- The Refund Summary shows what the refund will be. Click Next.
- You can change the distribution of the refund amount. Click Confirm.
- Enter the reason for the refund. You also can email or print a copy of the receipt.
- Click Refund.
Opt Not to Refund Prepaid Appointments
To Delete, Deny or Cancel an appointment without refunding the customer follow steps 1-5, above and then:
- Click Don't Refund.
- Enter a message to the customer and click Notify Customer.
Refund a Prepaid Appointment from the Customer Profile
- Go to Customers, enter a customer name in the search box, and select the customer.
- Select the Appointments tab.
- Click the More menu for a prepaid appointment (indicated by the dollar sign icon.)
- Choose Cancel, Denied or Delete, from the menu.
- Follow the steps above to refund (steps 6-11) or not refund the appointment.