A gift certificate or gift card is a voucher a customer gives someone as a present. You can configure it to be for a service or a dollar amount and choose from various pre-made templates and designs when creating and selling them to your customers.
Follow the steps below to sell and redeem preprinted gift cards.
- Sell and Redeem Gift Cards - Web Version
- Sell and Redeem Gift Certificates - Web Version
- Sell and Redeem Gift Certificates - Vagaro Pro app
- Gift Certificate State Regulations
In this article, we will go over:
- Selling a Gift Card (next)
- Redeeming a Gift Card
Selling Gift Cards
- Go to Checkout and select a customer.
- Tap Shopping Cart.
- Tap +Add Item and then select Gift.
- Enter the Gift Card number or use your phone’s camera to scan the barcode and then tap Done.
The Add Gift Certificate screen displays.
- Fill in the gift card fields:
- Service/Class: tie this gift certificate to a specific service or class. (Optional)
- Amount: If you don't tie the certificate to a service/class, enter the value.
- Expire on: Select an expiration date using the calendar pop-up, or leave set at Never.
Check your state’s regulations for gift cards and certificates for information and expiration.
- Sender's Name: Will be filled with the selected customer.
- Recipient's Name: Start typing the name of a current customer, and it will fill in. Tap New to create a new profile if the person does not have a customer profile.
Note: A customer must have a profile when a gift certificate is created and issued. The profile must include at least a first and last name.Note: If you do not know the recipient's contact information, create a customer profile of "Gift Certificate" to use. A customer only needs to provide the gift card or certificate number at checkout to redeem it.
- Since this is a gift card, leave Message empty and uncheck both Print Gift Certificate and Send email to: [recipient's name]. There is also no need to select a template, so use whatever it is set for by default.
- You must select a design and image. Use anything, it will not be seen by the recipient.
- Tap Preview.
- On the preview screen, tap the back arrow to make changes, or Save to complete.
- Tap Done.
- Complete the transaction by entering the payment and tapping Checkout.
Redeeming Gift Cards
- To redeem a gift card, go to Checkout and select a customer.
- Add a service, product, package or membership.
- Tap Gift Certificate in the payments area.
- Enter the Gift Card number in the Search field and tap Search.
When the card is found, you’ll see the card number, the recipient’s name, the current balance on the card, and the sale amount pre-filled under Use Amount. You can change how much to use if wanted.
Note: If a customer has multiple gift cards or certificates, you’ll see them all listed here. Use the switches to select which one to use.
- Tap Done.
- If there is any remaining payment due, enter it and then tap Checkout.