Allow Family & Friends to share your memberships and packages. Book and pay for your children, pets, siblings, and spouses, and share appointment notifications and reminders with loved ones using Family & Friends Sharing.
Areas covered in this article:
- Go to Your Family & Friends List (next)
- Adding Members to Your Family & Friends List
- Managing Your Family & Friends List
Go to your Family & Friends List
- Log into your Vagaro.com account. It will open in your Profile page.
To get back to the Profile if you’ve left it, hover over your initials or picture and select My Profile.
- Select Family & Friends.
Adding Members to your Family & Friends List
- Select Add Family & Friends.
- Select the relationship with the customer.
Choices are Parent, Spouse, Child, Sibling, Pet, and Friend.
Add a Parent, Spouse, Sibling, or Friend
- The entry field choices for these four relationship types are the same, so select one of them.
- Provide the following information:
- Profile photo – locate an image on your computer or drag and drop one onto the image area (4MB max file size.)
- Primary Phone
- First and Last Names
- Optional: Gender (Male, Female, or Non-binary)
- Set switches for the following options:
- Allow This Person to Book for [customer] - allow this member to book, receive appointment notifications, and view and pay for your appointments.
- View This Person’s Appointments – you will see their appointments on your appointment calendar
This switch is set Off by default for Parent, Spouse, Sibling, and Friend relationship types.
- Share [customer’s] Credit Card on File - allow this member to use the credit card you have on file when purchasing and booking with the business.
- CC Appointment Notifications - you will also receive appointment notifications for this person.
- Select Save.
Add a Child
- Select Child.
- Enter first and last names, select a gender (optional), and enter the birthdate.
Entering Email and Primary Phone are both optional.
The switch settings work as above except for View This Person’s Appointments. These conditions apply for a Child relationship:
- If the child is 0-17 years old, the switch is ON, and you cannot set it to Off.
- If the child is 18 or older, the switch is OFF.
- If no Birth Date is entered for the child, the switch is OFF.
- Select Save.
Add a Pet
- Enter first and last names (last name is required, so use the customer’s last name or whatever you like), select a gender (optional), and enter the pet’s date of birth.
- Select the pet’s species/breed from the drop-down list.
- Enter the pet’s weight (in pounds).
There are no switches to set for Pets. All default to ON.
- Select Save.
Managing Your Family & Friends List
Under Family & Friends Sharing, you can see family and friends with whom you're sharing memberships and packages.
The icons that may display with list members are:
|Credit card - This person can use your credit card on file.|
|Calendar icon – This person can book for you.|
|Notifications icon – You will receive this person’s appointment notifications.|
|View Appts icon – You can view this person’s appointments.|
|Invitation Pending – This person has not yet accepted your Family & Friends invitation.|
|Invitation Denied – This person did not accept your invitation.|
You can take these actions on members of your Family & Friends list:
- To edit a member of the list, select Edit from the More menu to open the same screen as you used to add a new member.
- To remove a member, select Remove and then confirm in the pop-up box.
- If a member’s invitation is still Pending or shows as Invitation Denied, use Resent Invitation to send a new email asking them to join your list.