EMV Reader Status Colors
As you're using your reader, you'll see multiple status lights on the device. Here's what they all mean.
- A red LED light - the device is starting up or the battery is being charged.
- The red LED light is off - the device is fully charged.
- A flashing red LED light - the device is low on battery.
- A solid blue light - the device has successfully paired with the EMV reader and is ready to accept credit card payments (Bluetooth is connected).
- A blinking blue light - the device has not paired with the EMV reader or it's in sleep mode (the device is in standby mode/waiting to connect with Bluetooth or Bluetooth has been disconnected).
- A blinking blue and white light - the reader is actively trying to send data or you're trying to charge a credit card.
- A flashing red and green light means the reader is powering up.
- First LED flashing light - the device is connecting with the POS terminal.
- 4 LEDs in consecutive order - the credit card was read successfully.
- One "Beep" sound - the transaction has been completed.
- Two "Beep" sounds - there was an error.